Timer Part 20

Timer POV:
"The fishermen will be arriving soon." Papa Tom says, "You should probably get home before they arrive."

"It's six thirty nine, right?" I ask standing up,

"Around then." He says.

"Yeah, I should probably go now," I sigh, "It was nice to meet ya,"

"Come back" Papa Tom says "I come here every night. Join me sometime again and we;ll chat."

"Alright," I say smiling at him "See ya soon then." I start making my way uphill to where I came down from. How the hell did I jump that far without breaking my bones? I wonder Oh right, I also have flesh and blood now so my bones aren't exposed anymore I realize

I climb up to the railing, looking around at my surroundings to find humans jogging up and down the slab  of concrete, What's this place called?

I end up wandering around instead of trying to find out how to get back to Ron and Al. If I'm being honest their names haven't crossed my mind in over fifteen hours. It's nice to act like myself again, all alone with no thought bugging me and no humans trying to talk to me.

The only noises that could be heard around is the waves of the ocean slapping against each other, the birds screaming above, the clicking of the gears on bicycles, the slap of skateboards as people do tricks on them, music blasting from peoples speakers, and the honking of cars on the nearby street. It sounds chaotic, I know, but it's really not a lot. It's a very friendly and welcoming environment.

As the sun stretches across the sky people of all ages come and go, as they get their day started with morning jogs, walking their dogs, pushing strollers. Soon the sun is baking my skin and I notice families are coming with children to play with the non snow stuff and play in the sprinklers built on the sides,

I'm not sure how long I was walking before the path ended. Time to turn around, I smile to myself turning around, making my way back to the beginning. I notice that old people are usually sitting on the benches staring at the ocean. I want to join them really badly but I;m not sure if it's normal for younger people to do that.

"Excuse me sir?" Somebody asks, making me jump. "Huh?" I turn around to find a young man in a blue uniform standing behind me.

"Is there a problem?" I ask

"Shouldn't you be at school right now? It's the middle of the day."

"No," I say "I don't go to school."

"How old are you?"

"Not trying to be rude, but I don't think that concerns you." I say desperately trying to think of a good age

"I asked how old you were, I didn't ask anything too hard." The man says. "I don't think you should be here right now. Follow me."

"No thank you sir," I say, starting to walk off.

"Young man, it is very disrespectful to walk away from an officer like that!"

"Officer?" I ask my mind immediately thinking of Undyne, Officer of King Azgore and head of the Royal Guard. "What type of officer are you?" I ask.

"Are you from around here kid?" Somebody else asks coming up next to the 'officer' wearing a matching blue uniform.

"Uh no." I say, "Mind explaining what's going on?"

"I apologize on behalf of my colleague." The person says "We are police officers. He was just wondering why a young man who is still in school is not in school and here instead."

"I- I'm not in school.: I say "I'm not even from around here! Now can I please go? I have somewhere to be right now."

"Yes. I apologize." The person says