4.Competition

Next morning...
All Allahabad village was fully excited and were running here and there doing preparations and all. At first Sid's whole family was present at the new Ram Mandir including his Dad. After some time all the villagers came there for Pooja. Avu's family also came there.

Ram : Pandit Ji. Pooje shuru kijiye. (PRIEST START THE RITUAL/POOJA)

(He nodded. Ram and Vibha sat for the Pooja. Soon Pooja started and all were sitting there and praying. Avu and her family was also there. Ri and Sid were sitting behind Ram and Vibha.)

With Avu...
She was sitting there with a smile on her face. Suddenly, she saw Anu coming there. There was a milk kettle in her hands. Avu waved at her. Anu smiled. She went near the Pooja and put the Kettle there. Kamladevi (Sid's Grandma) glared at her. She quickly went from there towards Avu.

Avu smiled and made some space for Anu to sit there. Anu sat there with her. But by mistakenly she hitted her hand on a lady.

Anu : Maaf kijiyega. Galti se...(SORRY IT WAS BY MISTAKE...)

Lady : Kar kya rahi hain? Kalanki ladki. Yaha mat baitho. Mandir pe kalank lagane aayi ho kya? Piche baitho jao. (WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DISGRACED GIRL. DON'T SIT HERE. YOU CAME HERE TO DISGRACE THE TEMPLE? GO AND SIT BEHIND.)

(Anu didn't say anything and just wiped off her tears. Avu's blood boiled. She was about to say something but her Dadi interrupted)

Nirmal (to that Lady) : Par tu khati kya hain? Woh jarasi baith kya gayi tere badan pe lag gaya. Jara kam khaya kar. Dekh apni taraf. Kitni moti ho gayi hai. (BUT WHAT YOU EAT? SHE JUST SAT HERE AND IT HITTED YOUR BODY. EAT LESS. SEE YOURSELF. HOW MUCH FAT YOU HAVE BECAME)

(All laughed at that Lady. Avu and Anu also laughed. Sonia also laughed. She looked at Anu who was smiling. She placed her hand on her hand)

Sonia : Tum haste huye bohot sundar lagti ho beta. Aise hi rehna. (YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL WHILE LAUGHING. STAY LIKE THAT ONLY)

(Anu smiled with tears as she felt motherly feeling with Sonia. They smiled at her. They then concentrated on the Pooja. After some hours Pooja got over)

Pandit Ji : Mandir mein jaake ab aap sab log Shri Ram ke darshan le sakte hain. Par usse pehle.. Ham jaise har saal rasam karte hain woh bhi hain. Uske baad aap darshan le sakte hain. (NOW YOU ALL CAN TAKE BLESSINGS FROM SHREE RAM. BUT BEFORE THAT...JUST LIKE PREVIOUS YEARS WE WILL HAVE THE SAME RITUAL. AFTER THAT YOU CAN GO IN TEMPLE)

Ram : Thik hain pandit ji. Naariyal? (OK PRIEST. COCONUT?)

Pandit Ji : Woh maine mere ek mitra se waha fekne ke liye kaha hain. Ab jaldi se hame kuye ke yaha jana chahiye. (YEAH THAT HAS BEEN SENT ALREADY AND IS NOW IN WATER OF WELL. NOW WE SHOULD GO TOWARDS THE WELL)

Ram : Jaisa aap kahe pandit ji. (OK PRIEST)

(They all went towards a big well)

Avu : Anu yeh kya hain sab? (ANU WHAT IS ALL THIS?)

Anu : Avu yeh ek pratiyogita hain. Yeh har saal hoti hain. Pandit ji ek naariyal ko jo hamesha mandir mein hota hain usse ek bade kuye mein fek dete hain. Woh bohot gehera kuaa hain. Aur jo pratiyogita mein hissa lete hain unko woh dhundh kar lana hoga kuye mein se woh bhi suraj mathe pe aane se pehle. (AVU THIS IS A COMPETITION. IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR. PRIEST THREW A COCONUT WHICH IS ALWAYS IN TEMPLE IN THE WELL WHICH IS VERY DEEP. AND THOSE WHO TAKE PART IN THE COMPETITION HAVE TO FIND THAT COCONUT FROM WELL BEFORE AFTERNOON)