43. THE LETTER?

Out far from the Light Palace, along the stretching sky filled with twinkling night stars, she flew, with her wings flapping hard just to deliver the note stuck onto her tiny toes. Her pure white feathers swished away the wind, shiny pink lines over her wings glimmered and shone over the long forest as she enjoyed the smell of nature after such a long time.

She would've definitely stopped for a snack or some, only if the weight on her leg wasn't that heavy, as heavy as carrying a Kingdom. No, more like, she was, it was that important.

With her tiny pink eyes fixed straight, she pushed herself harder to fly fast and keep up the good name she had always earned from the Queen. And now, she'll somehow deliver the little message, whatever it was, to the palace that is at the far most North.

Though she didn't understand Arcturan's language, she could just understand how much this work would mean to her Mistress.

"Make sure to have a safe journey," Inez pecked her head gently, she shook with excitement, her tiny head bobbing with a rush of having to fly such a long distance after a long time. She ran her fingers over the elegant strokes of pink that ran over her shiny white wings.

She could see the Queen turning behind, looking at a sleeping figure who was oblivious to the thing she had just done. In fact, the Queen came to get her by herself from her huge cage made her so happy, but... Inez was unusually quiet.

She could see the Queen sigh, and on count three, with an acceleration given by the Queen, she flew to the place destined.

Inez watched as the white dove faded into a tiny dot and then none. She wished she could do something... something that doesn't include blood shed to stop him...

____________________________________________________________

You were very confused. Your eyes darted from Loeva to Ji Ah and to Loeva again.

Just how?

Sensing your stare on her, Loeva turned to you with a raised brow, pink eyes trying to detect your thoughts that made you stare like that.

"How?" You said, observing Ji Ah and Loeva.

"What how?" Ji Ah asked, sitting near you with a grunt, wiping the sweat off her face. The night that fell over the planet made her extremely grateful so that she could sit and rest for a while.

"Your hair," you said, pointing at them, "I didn't see you guys having time to fix them, but they looked like they're newly brushed every time I see it. Please explain the mystery!" You said, wiping the fake tears.

"You're learning how to be dramatic from Ji Ah, aren't you?" Loeva said, shaking her head.

"It just rubs off." You shrugged, "Please tell me the secret."

Ji Ah laughed, running a hand through her short hair, the pink hair strands mixing up with the dark ones and again falling back in their place. "I use my dust."

You nodded, well, that made sense. You looked at your hair that fell as soft springy strands over your shoulders. You don't understand, sometimes it's so wavy and sometimes it's like a bird's nest-

"I use this," Loeva pulled out what looked like... a hair brush? "Nicked it from my room." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"What kind of Princess 'nick' things from her own room?" You shook your head, eying her in bafflement. Loeva just shrugged in return, hiding a sheepish smile.