Full Explanation

I know I've done a really bad job explaining this sort of universe thing going on, I will lay it all out now

Basic History:
Firstly, this story, and quite a few that come after it (demon series, too) are all part of my Neoearth series. They all also take place around the 2500s. Basically world war three busts out between Russia and a few other countries and the whole world suffers horribly from the aftereffects of the nuclear warfare. The world shifts again so it's like pre-pangea age, where all the countries are unified. Many females, supernatural and human are wiped out by a new disease caused by some of the chemicals used in said warfare. Several big names from the supernatural world take a stand and take control of the rest of the human population without their knowing.

What happened to the humans:
The human population gets covered with an enchantment only the supernatural can see, and only certain supernaturals can go through the enchantment. In order to do so, they have to be a big name, be friends with a big name, or plead their case to the Court.

The Court:
The Court is made up of the big four families, the Yasamotos, who take care of all of Asia, Lucifer and his demons who are in charge of the Americas, Canada, the middle east and Africa, the Vampires which technically are Lucifer's subdivision seeing as he created them, they have most of Europe and the Mediterraneans. The Wolfsteins, the werewolf royal family who get the rest of Europe and Australia. Antarctica is no-mans land, where most of the practically extinct fae live.

Subdivisions:
The Yasamotos has three subdivisions, mostly due to how many supernatural creatures that exist in the east. The first one would be the Kobayashi group, a human/supernatural mix yakuza. They do most of the dirty work for the Yasamotos.

Second would come much later in the book, but it would be the Shuten Doji. The Shuten Doji is a samurai who was mistreated by his leader and was killed by him, came back and killed everyone else and became the first unknown demon, not born of Lucifer's flame. He is bloodthirsty, and wanted to find a mate that is just like him in that aspect, and can stand by his side as a fellow dictator of his a great deal of land.

Enter Kenji, the son of Mika and Belial, the soon-to-be (in this book at least) rulers of Purgatory. His first murder was an accident but he loved the feeling and went on to kill more. First it was a  human who attempted to mug him, next was a guy he had a crush on flirting with someone else, third was a guy that cheated on him. From then on out he became a praying mantis and killed every guy he slept with, until he met the Shuten, Shin, who while sex told hin it would be his honor to die at the hands of a beautiful creature. That threw Keiji through a loop and they married. Keiji also takes good care of the Kitsune because they are his favorite.

Third is the dragons, a very rare species due to incessant poaching, but slowly healing. It it lead by Jian, the king of dragons and a Japanese siren, Mikado. They met in a club while Mikado was grieving after being rejected by the man he's loved since he was thirteen. Jian realized he was his dragon pearl and they became a couple over a week after.

Lucifer doesn't exactly have subdivisions, he has sub leaders, and they would be the sins.

First is Belial, demon of wrath, snake of Eden. Second is Abbadon, demon of gluttony. Third is Valak, demon of greed, fourth is Focalor, demon of sloth. Fifth is Asmodeus, demon of lust, sixth is Cain, demon of envy, and last is Paimon, demon of pride.

The vampires and the werewolves don't really have subdivisions.

Cole is pretty nonchalant about the whole "my boyfriend is not human and I am the only human here" thing because he was raised by a kitsune and a valkyrie, who told him about supernaturals, he just doesn't know the in and outs, or the etiquette that comes with his new title.

Well I think that's about everything, if there's any other questions, feel free to comment and I'll answer!