Chapter Two: Gayest Place On Earth (K)

Note: I have never been to San Francisco or New York. I'm basing them off of movies and books I've watched/read.
I found myself in a chic and minimalist hotel room, with a lovely view of the city. The silver, aquiline skyscrapers were a nice contrast to the sunset; a lovely lavender that faded into a brilliant bright orange.
   Still, something didn't feel right. I felt no connection to this concrete jungle with bustling streets.
    "Geez, why here?" I jumped, and swirled around to see my younger sister, again. She scowled at the room, twirling a few strands of hair in her finger as she leaned against the wall for support.
    "Why are you here? Again? Don't you have a life?" I groaned. She smirked. "I'm bored. The world is so silent and calm, its tempting me to wreck it. Alas, Belial warned me against it." She pouted, looking at the snake wrapped around her calf.
    Mika was the demi goddess of misery. She couldn't help but want to stir up trouble and pain. Doesn't help that she's married to the demon of wrath. They're a match made in the deepest hell.
      "He dropped you off in Rochester? Seriously? New York is not the city for you. It doesn't feel like home, does it?" I shook my head.
    "Grab your bags. I'll take you to a good place." Her nails dug into my wrist, and I squeezed my eyes shut.
    "Mika!" I smiled. "Its gorgeous!" She smiled. "The gayest place on Earth! She stood in front of the rainbow crosswalk. Castro in San Fran!"
      It really was like home. Unlike Earth, where being gay was a sort of oddity, our planet didn't have many women, so males can give birth, too. I was birthed by a male, both of my grandfathers were birthed by a man, someday my mate will give birth, and he'll give birth.
      While I was lost in my thoughts about my mate, Mika transported me into a new hotel.
    "Thank you for...everything. " I breathed. She kissed my forehead. "I'm not done yet, bro. I have to teach you about Earth and its customs."