Chapter One

It was early in the morning in Adventure Bay. Chase had woken up early to wake up the other pups. The first one he woke up was Marshall, followed by Rubble, Rocky, and Zuma. Skye was the last one Chase had to wake up.

"Skye," he said softly. He knocked on the door of her puphouse, and it opened, so he walked in. He noticed that Skye was still asleep, so he nudged her with his snout. "Skye," he repeated. "Time to get up." Skye started to wake up, so Chase exited her puphouse to respect her space. Skye looked around until she saw Chase. She smiled. "Good morning, Skye," Chase said.

"Good morning, Chase," she answered.

"Come on," Chase said. "Breakfast is ready."

"Go on ahead," Skye said. "I'll be there in a second. "

Chase nodded. "Don't take too long," he said. He walked off, leaving Skye alone.

Skye yawned, then stretched, walked outside, and took a deep breath. The sky was clear, and the bay was calm. Today is going to be a great day, she thought.

Skye walked into the Lookout, where the others were eating. "Good morning, everyone," she said.

"Good morning, Skye," they all said in unison.

"Your food is already out for you," Ryder said. Skye walked over to the pink food bowl. They had nothing to talk about, so they ate their food in silence. Once they finished eating, they all went outside to play.

Skye decided to fly around for a while. She ran to her puphouse, put on her pup pack, and walked back out. Once she was outside, Skye barked out her wings and took to the sky.

Skye loved being up there. With the wind passing by, she felt as if her problems went with it. She flew next to a flock of geese, who were surprised to see a puppy flying next to them. Skye flew in circles around the birds. She continued flying around trees, the bridge, the Lookout, and other things.

"How are you doing up there?" Ryder asked through her pup tag.

"It's great," she replied. She saw a plane pass by high above her. She wondered if she would ever be fast enough to catch up to it, which got her thinking. "Hey, Ryder, I got an idea on how to improve my wings."

"Oh, yeah?" Ryder asked. "what's that?"

"Speed," Skye replied.

Ryder laughed. He knew how much Skye liked to go fast. "Someday," Ryder said. He turned his head towards the Lookout doors. Chase came out and walked towards his puphouse. He waited next to it while the puphouse turned into his police cruiser.

"Hey, Chase," Ryder said. "Gonna make sure the city is safe?"

"Yes, sir," Chase answered. "I'll be back later." Chase hopped in and started the engine. 

Skye was still flying around when she noticed Chase driving away. She decided that she could have some fun with him. Skye dove down towards Chase, without him seeing her, and grabbed his shoulder. "Hi, Chase," she said quickly.

Chase jumped and pressed the break. He turned his head in time to notice Sye giggling. "Haha, very funny, Skye," Chase mocked.

"Sorry, but I saw my chance, and I had to take it," Skye responded.

Chase laughed. "Well, I'm going to be heading out, so I will see you later."

"Okay, but be safe," Skye said.

"Yes, ma'am," Chase said, which earned a giggle from Skye. Skye flew off, and Chase continued driving. As they went different ways, they thought the same thing: I love that pup.

For the rest of the morning, Chase was patrolling the city. He does it often when there are no missions. He helped direct traffic as an electrician changed a stoplight, helped replace a litter box (with a lot of sneezing involved), told civilians what they could do to be safer, helped unload things for Mr. Porter, and other things. Chase enjoyed making sure things run smoothly in Adventure Bay.

Chase was enjoying what he was doing when his pup tag rang. "Paw Patrol, to the Lookout," Ryder said through the pup tag. "Ryder needs us," Chase said as he turned on his siren and sped towards the Lookout.

Skye was having fun flying along the bridge when her pup tag rang. "Paw Patrol, to the Lookout," Ryder said through the pup tag. "Ryder needs us," Skye said. She noticed Chase driving down below, so she flew in right next to him. "How about a race?" 

Chase smiled at her. "You're on," he said. 

Chase sped down the bridge, which was luckily vacant of cars. Skye flew right behind him. The cruiser was slightly faster than Skye's jet pack, but she was still having fun. Chase drifted to a halt outside the Lookout doors, jumping out as soon as the cruiser stopped. He ran to the elevator, but Skye beat him to it.

"I win," Skye said.

"Yes, you did," Chase said.

"Look out?!" Marshall screamed from behind them. They turned their heads just in time to see Marshall sliding in on a skateboard. He crashed into the other pups, leaving them in a dog pile.

"Oh, Marshall," Chase said.

The elevator went up to the second floor, allowing the pups to change their uniforms, and then continued to the top floor. Once the elevator doors opened, they jumped out and got into their positions.

Once they were all in position, Chase announced. "Paw Patrol, ready for action, Ryder, sir." 

"Thanks for coming so quickly, pups," Ryder said. "We have an emergency. Mayor Goodway lost Chickaletta...again." The pups sighed. The mayor is constantly losing that chicken. "For this mission, as usual, I will need Chase. You will use your nose to track down Chickaletta."

"Chase is on the case," he exclaimed.

"And Skye," Ryder continued. "You will help search for Chickaletta from above."

"Let's take to the sky," she said as she did a backflip.

"Alright, Paw Patrol is on a roll."