Chapter Six

The Paw Patrol went to the Lookout after leaving the clinic. Ryder parked his ATV inside the garage, and the pups parked their vehicles in their spots, changing them back to puphouses as they hopped out. A minute later, Rubble arrived at the Lookout towing Skye's helicopter.

Skye was in disbelief when she saw it. One of the blades was missing, and the other three were bent and torn. The tail of the chopper got curled inward. The seat got split in half, and the dashboard had gotten burned. Sparks flew out of the motor with a cracking noise. Whenever Rubble moved it a little, the entire thing shuddered and groaned. Water spilled from the helicopter. Skye wondered how she even survived the crash.

Ryder looked at her and seemed to read her mind. "You got very fortunate, Skye," he said. Ryder guided Rubble to the entrance of the garage, where Rubble put down the helicopter. "I will see what I can do about this," he told Skye.

"How long do you think it will take?" she asked.

Ryder scanned the helicopter. "A few weeks?" he guessed. "I have most of the parts stored in the basement. For some of them, I might have to order new ones from Adventure City. I will keep you updated. I'll bring out your old pup house from the basement as well, that way you still have somewhere to sleep until its repaired." Ryder looked down at his watch. "We still have a few hours before bedtime. Why don't you go play around?"

Skye's eyes lit up. She suddenly felt the urge to play. "Okay," she said as she ran off to find the others. She found them inside of the Lookout talking. "Hey, guys," she said. "Let's go play some games?"

Chase looked at her. "Where's all this new energy coming from?" he asked.

"I'm not sure," Skye confessed. "But I want to play some games." She didn't wait for them to answer. She ran outside to find something to do, leaving the others confused.

"Um, does anyone else think that's a bit odd?" Rocky asked. All the pups raised their hands.

"Seems like a lot of energy for someone who got struck by lightning," Zuma said.

Chase patted Zuma on the shoulder. "Well, let's not keep her waiting," he said as he started walking outside. The others looked at each other and then followed Chase out.

When they walked out, Skye was doing backflips on the trampoline. When she saw them, she jumped off and ran over to them. "What do you guys want to play?" she asked.

They looked at each other. "Tag?" Marshall suggested.

"Not it," Chase said. Skye, Rubble, Rocky, and Zuma followed his lead.

"Oh wait, I wasn't ready," Marshall protested.

"Too late, sorry," Rocky said. "Now, close your eyes and count to ten while we run."

Marshall sighed. He lowered his head onto the ground and put his paws over his eyes. "One...Two..." Marshall started counting.

The pups started running away from Marshall. When Marshall finished counting, he ran off to find the others. After five minutes, he found Rubble hiding behind a bush. After that, Rubble found Rocky, who tagged Skye, who tagged Chase, who found Zuma.

"Ah, you caught me," he said. Chase ran off, so Zuma had to find someone else to find. He took a few steps forward when he saw the dalmatian pup running behind some bushes. "Perfect." Zuma ran after him.

Marshall ran away from Zuma, thinking that the chocolate lab had gone after Chase. He turned his head just in time to see Zuma sprint towards him. Marshall picked up the pace, and so did Zuma. Both pups ran a full lap around the Lookout before Marshall tripped on some cleaning supplies. Zuma slowed down to a walk and tagged Marshall on the head. "Tag," Zuma said.

The others walked up as Marshall stood up and shook the bucket off his head, revealing the soap on his head. "Well, I have to admit, it was a clean game." They all laughed at the joke.

"What should we do now?" Skye asked.

"That's easy," Rubble said. "Sleep." The others nodded in agreement. Each of them, except for Skye, was tired from running around.

"But we still have some time," Skye said.

"Maybe later, Skye," Marshall said. "Right now, I want to watch Apollo the Super Pup." Marshall walked into the Lookout. Rocky, Zuma, and Rubble followed him in.

Skye sat down and put her head down. She was sad that they didn't want to play anymore, even though she still had a lot of energy.

The only other one who hadn't gone in with the others was Chase. He walked up to Skye and asked, "Skye, are you sure you're okay."

"Of course, Chase," she replied, smiling at him. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, as we said earlier, you got struck by lightning. Skye, I watched your helicopter crash into the bay. I carried you into the clinic while you were unconscious. We were all worried that you would be hurt." At this point, Chase wasn't looking at Skye anymore. He was looking at the ground because he couldn't bring himself to look her in the eyes.

Skye noticed that Chase was sad about the event. Skye knew that she needed to assure him that nothing wrong was going to happen. "Chase, don't be sad," she said. "I'm perfectly fine, see?" Skye took a running start and flew upward. She made a 360 flip in the air to prove her point. "There's nothing to worry about."

Chase looked at her and almost fell backward. "Woah," he said.

In front of him, Skye was hovering in the air. The only problem was that her suit got burned by the lightning. She only had her collar on at the moment. Skye was flying without her wings.