Chapter 43: I'm Going to Hell

I walk out of the room and don't bother to look back, one step in front of the other, as if every step I took was one plowing a new path.

As I feel the heavy weight of my wings at my back, the heavy footfall of each step I take I feel something taking shape. A piece of destiny molding itself to fit my current path.

Head held high, I walk to my room and lock the door behind me as soon as I get inside. As the lock slides into place with an audible click, I walk straight to the open wall and stare out into the city, all I can do is think.

Think, think, and think.

I was the Phoenix of Death, I was Scarslayer's Consort, and even the fucking Devil had been made in my image.

What has my life come to?

A knock reverberates through the room as I turn around and stare at the door, do I leave it or do I answer it?

"Mara, I swear to god you better answer this door!" Lorcan's voice echoes through the wood.

Answer it'll be.

I walk over to the door and unlock it, I was given no chance to actually open my door because Lorcan has already pushed his way through and closed the door behind him. He locks the door and then turns back to me, determination a set tone in the way his jaw was clenched, the set of his shoulders, and the glaze in his eyes.

If some part of me held no fear for anything anymore, I'd probably be scared of the look in his eyes, but I'm not.

"What do you want, Lorcan?"

He takes one step forward, "Answers."

"For what?" I take a step back.

"What you are, who you are." Two steps forward.

"I don't know." A step back.

"Yes, you do." Three steps forward.

Five feet is all that separates us, "Why do you want to know?"

He sighs heavily and looks around, and then finally back to me as if he's made some internal decision I didn't know about. The second his eyes meet mine, the air in the room is suddenly gone and I'm internally fighting for air.

"Fuck this." Lorcan groans as he closes the distance between us and cups my face and smashes his lips upon mine.

I push him back and he immediately lets go and steps back, worry written across his features as I look at him in bewilderment. I look out back to the city and then back to him.

A part of me is afraid that if I do this, there will be no going back.

Another part of me says that I want this, I have for a long time and I've been denying myself. That part of me can shut the fuck up.

You know what?

Fuck it.

I walk over to him as he looks at me with surprise in his eyes and as I bring my lips to his, he groans low and deep, a sound of satisfaction.

He brings his hands as he trails them down my body, slowly and tortuously hugging every curve on me. His focus on me never diverts to anything else, everything in his body solely focused on me.

I lifted my head up to give him better access to my neck as he took the invitation immediately and kissed tenderly and roughly at the same time. However the fuck that was possible.

As he worked on my neck I worked on his lower breeches, finding the hard length already bulging against the fabric of his pants. He groaned as I palmed him, slowly massaging him, coaxing him to understand I want more this time.