Chapter 51: Almost

It doesn't take long to pack up because there was never much of anything brought with me anyways. Everyone one the camp scurries around, especially the servants.

Every time I look at one of them, they avoid my eyes. I know I'm the new stranger in the camp and I really can't blame them, I'm sure all they've known with their time with Scarslayer hasn't been the most hospitable. As I look around at what I have to my name, I think about how things might be different if I never became what I was.

With the rustle of my wings behind me I stretch my arms and shoulders. Still not being used to the weight of the wings I tuck them in tightly, knowing not yet how to use them expertly.

I think about the servants, if they have anything to their names besides their duties. Inwardly I get angry thinking about how unfair all of this is, because of one man.

The king.

My goal, is him. Bring him down and Scarslayer, and it's the equivalent of cutting the head off the snake. Without a head their is no body to be used.

I walk out of the tent and head to my horse, tightening the top loose girth and place whatever I have on her rump, and hoist myself up.

Scarslayer already in the front of the convoy ready to lead us to certain hell. He looks over the troops, seeming to inspect every single one, until his eyes land on me finally.

I feel the wrath and lust as his eyes travel over my hair down to my chest and on. Of course his eyes linger too long on the worst parts, inwardly cringing about whatever thoughts could be going through his disgusting looking face.

The corner of his lips lift in a smirk and he turns his horse back around and yells, "Let's go!"

The troops shout in unison and we all start moving. I can not stop thinking about what it'll take to finish this, or even if it will finish it.

The only thing giving me the strength to keep going is this.

This revenge, justice.

Just keep on going.

(So I won't lie I've been gone forever and I kinda just want to start off here even though it is similar to the last chapter, but I'm trying to resume this story! I haven't forgotten!)