Chapter 26

Thank Christ Matteo suggested going back to The Landing Strip to look for the bouncer that Fernando couldn't name

Thank Christ Matteo suggested going back to The Landing Strip to look for the bouncer that Fernando couldn't name. I sure-as-shit wasn't thinking straight.

Murder of the most malice sort was the only thing on my mind.

Luigi had to pay for what he'd done! The swarthy motherfucker's backdoor bullshit deserved punishment.

Vitale barely even tried to cover up what he'd done to Gannon on my family's property.

On our fucking turf!

That was an affront to our unwritten law and disrespectful to a fellow family.

Yes, we are a bunch of ruthless mobsters, but without honor amongst thieves, we are nothing but animals. That's what Luigi was. A fucking dog.

The whole thing reeked of a cover-up and I couldn't see why.

Had we known that Luigi's men needed a secure place to 'question' someone, it would have been granted freely. It was a common courtesy we've extended many times and vice versa. 

Hell, Pa probably would have arranged and paid for the body clean up himself, out of consideration to his longtime friend and business associate. 

The testosterone spiking my blood thundered like a pack of wild mustangs. I felt unbridled. Uncontrollable. Fucking-unhinged with fury.

Then I saw Leo about to publicly assault my girl and I went from manslaughter to all-out-fucking-massacre.

The technology hadn't been invented yet to identify what would be left of his body when my guys were done with him.

However, Leo's insolence was only partially to blame for the deranged savagery flowing through me.

Whoever told Grace about The Landing Strip was going to meet a far worse fate than my wayward bouncer. I would see to that, personally.

They knowingly put my earthbound angel in jeopardy and that was unforgivable!

I plopped Grace on the overstuffed leather couch lining the wall of our main back office to look her over for any obvious bruises or cuts.

Anything that happened to her would be dealt to Leo one hundred-fold.

Vigilantly, I took inventory of what I'd been almost careless enough to lose. Her deep breathing strained her exquisite breasts against the walking wet dream of a sundress she had on, temporarily distracting my attention.

The lowcut front dipped just enough to drive a man fucking insane while cradling the heft of her perfect breasts like a pair of ripe honeydew melons. My cock thickened tracing the curves of her voluptuous chest down to the bend of her supple waist, remembering what was under her skirt.