Chapter 28

She tasted sweeter than the last time

She tasted sweeter than the last time. Hand to blackened heart, I could feel the purity of her tears temporarily baptizing my sins.

We were inexplicable. Unfathomable and unstoppable. The earthbound angel and the soulless devil.

Despite her trepidation, Grace was drawn to me, and in some small way, she seemed to welcome her damnation. Then again, that wasn't enough credit. Grace was greater than the sum of her fears. She proved that time and again.

It was me that was weak.

She swept the inside of my mouth as if to savor the recklessness of her decisions, and I was a greedy bastard that couldn't stop thinking with the head of his dick.

Our stolen kiss tasted bitterly sweet.

Urgency crackled like electricity as our tongues impatiently teased and tussled, hungry for so much more. My fingers slid through her silken waves to angle her doll face and deepen our kiss with a throaty moan.

I nearly shot my wad at her throaty gasp when I snapped her arms up over her head in one abrupt motion. Pinning her there was necessary, for us both.

I hated myself for causing the heartbreaking disappointment on her face. My cock hated me more for stopping what I'm sure would have been the most incredible makeup sex of my life.

"Wait. Grace. Fuck. Please," the ragged rise and fall of her spectacular tits made my dick throb. Wincing against the ache to be inside her, I growled a string of vulgarities before continuing, "Merda-cazzo-minchia! I promised I would never lie to you. So, we have to get the fuck out of here."

I could have been more eloquent, or even coherent, but it was taking every last ounce of my strength to stop myself from taking her right there on that dirty couch.

"What's going on?" Grace squeaked as I scooped her into my arms. "Xavier!"

I palmed her enticing rump, and she fixed her arms around my neck to wrap her legs around my waist.

She responded so naturally to the urgency of my actions, but I didn't have time to marvel at her perfection.

"My car is out back. So is Matteo," I ground my molars to keep from coming in my pants when my cock rubbed the apex of her heavenly thighs. All it would take was a quick yank of my zipper and I could bypass her lacey panties all the way to Nirvana. "You can't be here. It's not just dangerous, Gannon died here."

The color drained from her dewy cheeks, and I loathed myself even more. At least it was a decent boner-killer to the blue-balled agony I was facing on our hasty walk to my car.

Everything I was about to confess was going to result in untold microcosms of agony to the woman I only ever wanted to protect.

"No, he-" she shook her head as renewed tears shimmered in her lashes.