IX

- BEOMGYU -

The car was lit up in excitement as the five of them traveled to the indoor swimming facility. They were singing at the top of their lungs to Super Junior songs as they soared down the road. The traffic wasn't as bad for a Friday night like Yeonjun expected it to be. The light traffic made it easier for them to have a carefree ride.

Beomgyu was crammed in the backseat in the middle of Huening Kai and Soobin, which wasn't too comfortable of a place to be. The two of them were like giants, so their large thighs were squishing against his. He didn't mind it too much, though. They were all used to being close to one another. Beomgyu did like a lot of affection from his friends, especially from Yeonjun.

After a few more minutes, they finally pulled into the parking lot of the swimming facility. There were quite a few spaces open, so hopefully it wasn't too busy. Beomgyu had been here dozens of times and a few of the times, the guys had to keep themselves occupied with some of the games inside, because the whole pool was filled with people. Luckily, there were a lot of activities that the guys could do if the pool was full. There were activities such as table tennis, a gym, and basketball courts to help accommodate if the pool got really busy.

After Yeonjun parked, the guys stumbled out of the car. Beomgyu's legs felt tight after being crammed in the middle seat between Soobin and Huening Kai. He stretched while Yeonjun locked his car.

"I'm excited for this," Huening Kai said with a smile, "It's cheap entertainment, too. Cheaper than going to the movies."

"Movies are getting expensive to go see at the theater," Soobin murmured as the five of them walked towards the entrance.

Once inside, they paid their entry fee and made their way over to the locker room. Beomgyu had packed a t-shirt along with swim trunks. A lot of the times, he wore a t-shirt when he was swimming, but usually when he was outside. He didn't want to get sunburnt. Since they were in an indoor facility, he decided to bring it just in case he wanted to wear it.

He set his small backpack down besides the others and opened it. Next to him, Yeonjun was already pulling his shirt off and getting changed. He had to steer his eyes away from looking at him. Of course, he had seen Yeonjun naked before, but never up close like this. It took ever ounce of his being not to look over at him while he dressed.

After a moment, he shook off the thoughts and began to dress himself into his swim trunks. He stuffed his casual clothes back into his backpack before sitting down next to Yeonjun who was checking his phone.

Beomgyu had let go of all of his anger he had with him when Yeonjun had chosen Soobin and Huening Kai's group to join for the mentoring program. Realistically, he had gotten over it that night when Yeonjun had called him and told him that he and Kai were bonding more and he wanted to have some time with him before he graduated. Beomgyu understood it for sure, all he needed was an explanation to make him feel better. Huening Kai adored Yeonjun and Yeonjun treated him like the little brother he never had.

That was all a few weeks ago and they still hadn't heard any news on whether or not the mentoring program would even go through. Maybe less people had signed up than expected and the school wasn't going to waste time with the program. From what Soobin heard, though, a lot of kids had signed up, but they didn't know what the actual count would be once they started.

"I want to go to LA," Yeonjun murmured all of a sudden, scrolling through his Instagram feed.

Beomgyu looked over at him, nodding. It was Yeonjun's dream to go to Los Angeles. He had been there a few times, but not too often. Usually, it was his cousins who visited, not his family who flew over to the United States. Yeonjun wanted to live there and teach dance, it had always been his aspiration. Yeonjun was an amazing dancer. He had been to classes all of his life and it was something he was extremely passionate about.