XIX

- BEOMGYU -

"You've been avoiding me," a voice echoed in his ears.

Beomgyu closed his locker door shut, coming face to face with Kang Taehyun. He was dressed in his typical designer clothes; ripped jeans and a hoodie that hugged his toned biceps. One interesting aspect that Beomgyu had learned about Taehyun was that he always had expensive clothes on. It was telling, considering that he had to buy his lunch last week. Along with that, Beomgyu noticed that he was getting the free options on his tray instead of the ones that cost money. Were his parents struggling to make ends meet? Beomgyu doubted it. From seeing that Taehyun had a different pair of expensive clothes on every day, they couldn't have been. It was probably an error on the administrative side or maybe his parents just kept forgetting to refill his lunch balance.

It was true, Beomgyu had been avoiding Taehyun. He made excuses to get out of the mentoring program for each day. Each excuse was different, such as how he had to study for a test or that he just didn't want to go. Luckily, his homeroom teacher was very understanding. Beomgyu even debated on trying to get out of it completely.

The other guys had noticed his attitude change as well. Yeonjun had tried to contact him to try and get him to spill, but Beomgyu wasn't having it. He made excuses that he was tired of school and blamed it on his parents fighting. Part of that was true, but it wasn't the biggest reason.

The reason for why he was avoiding Taehyun was simply because he was tired of being out of the loop with everything. There was something going on between Yeonjun and Taehyun, there was nothing going to change his mind. The way Yeonjun got nervous around Taehyun and even flirted openly with him. Beomgyu had known Yeonjun long enough to know when he had a crush on someone. He thought that if he ghosted the two of them long enough, then they would come clean. Maybe that was what Taehyun was about to do right now. Beomgyu wanted him too, instead of having to accuse him of being gay.

Along with that, Beomgyu had stupidly revealed that he knew about Taehyun. He didn't specify what it was, but the two of them could guess. Beomgyu hated himself for revealing that. It was in the heat of the moment, and he immediately regretted saying it. But still, he hated the feeling of being left out of everything. It was one of his biggest fears, which caused him to overreact to the small things. Even changes in attitude between his friends group he was able to pick up on. His theory that Taehyun and Yeonjun were together wasn't so far-fetched after all. They both attended gay conversion therapy together.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Beomgyu said simply, shifting his binder to his other arm.

"Don't play dumb with me, Beomgyu," Taehyun matched his flat tone, "There was something that happened and I'm going to be completely honest, I have no clue what triggered this. Plus, I just need to know what you think you know about me."

"I've been having a rough past couple of days, this last week really," Beomgyu muttered, "But, I think we both know what I was talking about."

Taehyun stared at him, his expression flatlined. He didn't budge, not even when Beomgyu attempted to threaten him. Come on, Taehyun, just tell me the truth, Beomgyu begged in his head. He didn't want to out him right here in this busy hallway when they needed to get to class.

"You really want to play this game with me?" Beomgyu questioned him. "You think I don't know? It's obvious now."

Taehyun shifted uncomfortably on his feet. Beomgyu watched as the grip he had on his binder was getting tighter. It was so tight that his knuckles were turning white.