L

- TAEHYUN -

Taehyun stared ahead as the waves crashed against the rocks that he was sitting on. He chuckled slightly when he felt his feet and legs get soaked with the water that had splashed against him. Beomgyu smiled next to him and patted his thigh. Unfortunately, their trip in Los Angeles was coming to a rapid close. Tonight was their last full night here and he and Beomgyu had decided to spend it watching the sunset on the beach. Instead of resorting for a spot near the pier, they walked about a mile down the strips of sand where they finally came to the rocks that faced the water. It was private here and it gave them a quiet place to take in the entire atmosphere without the buzz of tourists around.

"I can't believe we go home tomorrow," Beomgyu murmured next to him.

Taehyun could hardly believe it either. Their trip had flown by so fast, yet they still were able to experience a whole bunch of things together. Yeonjun was great at guiding them on what they needed to see and what they could skip. Each day, they had woken up early and stayed out as late as they could. They wanted to soak up as much of the Los Angeles experience as they could get.

"I don't want to go home," Taehyun murmured before draping his arms around Beomgyu.

Taehyun would admit that he was worried about going back home. He would be back alone in his grandfather's huge house with no motivation to do anything but disappear into countless phone calls and texts with Beomgyu and the others. He did worry about a lot of things, especially when he would get back home to inevitably not being able to see him as much. He didn't want to take a break from seeing Beomgyu again. He just wanted to be open with his relationship with him, like they could be in Los Angeles. Taehyun didn't want to lose these moments so easily. Could they work out the long distance when both of them started school again? They lasted fine for two months, but that was only two months. A new school year would bring along many more months apart.

Taehyun wrapped his arms around him tightly, bringing Beomgyu closer to him. Beomgyu relaxed back against his strong figure as they focused on the waves in front of them.

"Neither do I," Beomgyu said in front of him, "But whatever happens, we'll make it through it as long as we have each other. Someday, we'll look back on this trip when we venture more and more places together."

Taehyun nodded and tilted his head slightly and buried his head into Beomgyu's neck. He closed his eyes and inhaled the sweet mix scent of Beomgyu's cologne and the salty water breeze that filled the air. If only they could stay in this moment together forever.

He stayed leaning into Beomgyu's neck for he didn't know how long. He kept his arms around him while Beomgyu relaxed further into him. He felt Beomgyu's breathing slow and he titled his head and pressed it into Taehyun's shoulder. Taehyun began to rub his back as Beomgyu seemed to drift off to sleep. He closed his eyes, as well.

After a little while of resting his eyes, Taehyun opened them back up to an amazing sight. The sun was fully set now and the sky that overlooked them was now filled with bright, shining stars. He was at a loss for words; there were so many stars. It was picture perfect scenery, with the bright stars shining onto the water below them. Taehyun stared up at the sky in awe, smiling widely as he attempted to pinpoint certain constellations and stars. He was always a big fan of astronomy; it was one of his favorite subjects. He couldn't pass up this opportunity to not show Beomgyu how beautiful it was.

"Beom," Taehyun suddenly whispered into Beomgyu's ear.

"Hmm?" Beomgyu murmured, slowly opening his eyes and pulling away from his shoulder just enough to stare into Taehyun's sparkling eyes.

"The stars, they're beautiful," Taehyun told him, tipping his head up towards the sky.

Beomgyu slowly turned, following his line of vision and stared up at the sky. Taehyun watched as Beomgyu's jaw dropped and his eyes widened. He smiled, watching his reaction. He felt bad for waking him up, but he really did want Beomgyu to see this perfect view.

He grabbed his phone from his pocket and maneuvered over to his camera. He took a couple photos of the sky full of stars before he leaned back and got a few shots of Beomgyu looking up at the sky, as well. He was too memorized by the view to even recognize that Taehyun was taking his picture. Taehyun reviewed his pictures and smiled to himself. He decided to set one of the many he took of Beomgyu looking at the stars as his new background picture.

"This is so amazing, Taehyun," Beomgyu murmured in awe.

"It's our reward from the universe," Taehyun assured and placed his phone back into his pocket when he was finished with setting his new wallpaper.

Taehyun braced for the inevitable teasing that Beomgyu was likely to start. Whenever Taehyun got onto subjects like the universe or fate, Beomgyu always called him cheesy, or he would tease him for speaking too 'nerdy'. Deep down, he knew that Beomgyu found his way of speaking about each other's destiny was endearing. Taehyun secretly enjoyed being teased for it, too.

"You really think so?" Beomgyu asked against his shoulder.

"Of course," Taehyun told him with a gentle squeeze to his hip, "You probably think I'm crazy for talking about all this stuff, but I truly believe that the universe brought us together. It was our fate to end up with each other. Everything was so calculated and we sealed our destiny when we first saw each other in that cafeteria back at the high school."

"The universe was probably angry for how badly I treated you before we got together, especially when I thought you were with Yeonjun," Beomgyu contemplated suddenly, "I still feel guilty over how I made you feel, Taehyun."

"That doesn't matter," Taehyun murmured, pressing a kiss to his head before whispering against it, "I was an asshole to you, too. Besides, it only fueled our passion for each other more, right? We just didn't know our fate would lie with each other, but now we do, I know that there's nothing that can tear us apart. I don't care if I have to be disowned by my parents or my entire family, I will never ever have them separate us, Beom. Same thing with everything else."

He felt reassured with a new level of confidence. Not long ago, he was worried about spending a whole new school year alone without Beomgyu by his side, but now, it seemed like the universe truly was telling him something. The stars that twinkled above them seemed to be saying not to worry and to not give up on each other.

"I don't care either," Beomgyu agreed, "Nothing is coming between us. You're my one and only."

Taehyun stared into Beomgyu's eyes, telling him, "For a long time, I didn't know who I was. I tried to hide from myself, but that didn't help at all. Everything seemed to be so crazy in my world. It was depressing and I felt like my world was crumbling. When I found you and fell in love, I found myself in you."

Beomgyu smiled at him before leaning forward and pressing his lips against his. Taehyun kissed him and felt his heart skip a beat. This was paradise and Taehyun wanted to stay in this moment forever. He made a mental note to himself to remember this moment whenever in the future if the times got difficult. After everything they had gone through so far, Taehyun was beyond confident that they could make it through anything. He couldn't wait to see what the universe had in store for them on their journey to eternity together.

Thank you all so much for reading! Make sure you vote if you enjoyed and comment what you think!