Chapter 1.

Ok, so this is one of my first science fictions, sorry if it seems a little.. Impossible. I'll try my best though. Hope you guys enjoy:)

~~~

Not too long ago, the continents on either side of the earth meshed together, because of multiple earth quakes and volcanic eruptions over the years. The land that used to be Asia, Africa, Europe, and and their islands joined to become Afsia, the biggest island. North America, South America and Greenland joined together to become a land in which I cannot pronounce, but I've been calling it Sunset Valley for the longest time, and that's what I call it now. We don't know what happened to Australia and Antarctica, but my guess is they perished somewhere down towards the bottom of the Earth.

The damage done by the reshaping of the earth has destroyed a lot of things you might find ordinary. We don't have themeparks or iPads or fancy cars. Guns are rare now. Well, at least in Afsia, where I live. I don't know about Sunset Valley. I'm forbidden to learn about it more than I do in school, anyways. Afsia and Sunset Valley are rivals. Sunset Valley once tried to take over Afsia for more land. But we beat them; and as far as I know they're still recovering now with what we did to their land. But they did have their share, we lost a lot of our houses and farm land. People in my region went hungry.

Four seasons ago, when we were six, my best friend Jem and I would make up stories about the people of Sunset Valley. About how we thought they were. I pictured them as greedy snobs who want everything, they were trolls for wanting our home. But Jem only pictured them as lonely. Not that I quite understood him, at the time, but I would soon come to learn that for the most part, he was right.

A few months ago, I came up with the idea to look for it. I knew it was an ocean away, but it was still fun to pretend. But never would I have guessed years of playing pretend would actually lead me to find Sunset Valley.