Chapter 9.

I woke up to Jem shaking me viciously, his cold hands sending electric currents through my skin.

"What! What! What!" I screamed. And then realized, "Who's piloting the boat?" He curtained his mouth with a hand like he forgot about it. Panic rose into my voice.

"Jem!"

Then he bursted out laughter. "What?" I yelled. He just smiled. "Eddie, were here."

I started a sentence out stupidly with "Here where-" but then let it drop into an empty abyss as my eyes went round. I just stared at a wall, letting it sink in for a minute, letting the spring of excitement load back inside me and click into place.

"Edelweiss?" Jem asked.

And then I exploded into a jumping, screaming excited little fangirl. I was spinning and caught a glance of Jem's vibrant smile. I grabbed his arms and pulled him up, randomly dancing and laughing. Although he didn't seem as happy as I did. But I continued spinning, focusing on his face and watching everything behind him smear like a painting. Finally after getting so dizzy I could fall over, a pulled him into a hug. I could feel 'my spring' bouncing around.

"We're here," I repeated in his ear.

Jem laughed. "Yes. We are. Fortunately, for you, Freya was in the breakfast box, and when she fell out, she crushed some of the food. So we have less time to eat and more time to explore."

With the thought of that, I raced up for breakfast.

〜〜〜

Breakfast was a cereal bar, squashed scrambled eggs in a baggie, and bottled water (it would have been lemonade, but someone crushed the little packets, so we just had warm water). I inhaled mine so fast I almost choked, and was the first one to land on the white sand beach of Sunset Valley. Behind me, I heard Jem and Freya plop on the ground behind me. But I barely heard it because I was focusing on the twenty feet of pure sand that explodes into a vibrant forest of brilliant greens in front of me. Broken -or maybe they wernt broken?- lanterns on poles stuck out of the ground, like bent toothpicks stabbing into a hamburger. Bright blue and black birds of unknown species flitted around the trees.

Now, Edelweiss.

Now you've achieved your dreams.