Names and Nausea - Chapter 7

Eddie's PoV -

     It has been three months now. Its nearly time to see our babies. The kicking has gotten worse. I've talked with Dan and scheduled a C-section. Though he will have to do it after hours since he's not the typical obstetrician. Tomorrow is when we will bring our babies into the world!

We are excited, Eddie!

     The nausea has been bad recently and all the kicking has really gotten to me. I lay on our couch working on my articles. I'm trying to get a head start so I can have some sort of maternity leave. Beside me sits a trash can that I've been periodically vomiting into. Venom is cuddled around my stomach acting as a heating pad for the cramps. I finish my article and send it to my boss for review. I currently have about 2 months of work done. I sigh and start on my next article. I'm only on the first paragraph when my nausea kicks in. I hurriedly lean over the couch and hold the already soaked trash can too my face. I spew my stomach acid into the can. I wash my face with a damp washcloth I have sitting next to me. Venom gently rubs my back as I recover from my episode. I lean back and continue on my article. "I'll be happy when this sickness goes away," I complain.

We are trying to take care of our Eddie. We want us to feel better.

Venom is still acting as a heating pad and I gently rub him causing him to purr. "Thanks, Vee, I appreciate you."

A few hours pass. It is now late at night but sleep is allusive to me. The cramping and nausea is getting worse with every hour. If I was a female I think my water would have broke by now. I'm hunched on the side of the bed throwing up into the trash can periodically. I wipe my mouth and lean back against the headboard. A terrible cramp overcomes me leaving me to hold my stomach and groan in pain.

Does Eddie want us to block our pain receptors.

"Yes, p-please," I manage to choke out in my pain.

Suddenly the pain subsides. I still feel the strong kicks but the pain does not register. "Thank you, Vee."

Now maybe we can get some rest. Tomorrow is our big day!

I smile at the though and kiss my alien lover goodnight. I snuggle into his strong arms.

     I'm awoken by little kicks in my stomach. It's like they know today is the day they will get to meet us. Sadly, I still have to wait 14 more hours till I can get my C-section.

Good morning, love.

     "Morning, Vee," I reply.

     Venom is half formed and cuddled around me. I struggle to get myself in a sitting position.

Today is the day we see our spawns.

I kiss Venom's head, "It sure is."

Eddie, we need to eat.

"Nooooo, I don't feel like it. I'm sick, Vee."

We are not sick. We are pregnant and our spawns are hungry. Vulcan wants bloody meat.

"Vulcan?" I question.

Oh... That's what we call the symbiot spawn.

"Vulcan. I like that name," I smile.

I stand and walk to the kitchen. Venom must still be blocking my pain receptors. I appreciate that but that doesn't stop the fact that I don't feel hungry. I look in the fridge. Our spawn wants meat... I find a raw beef brisket in the fridge. The though of stomaching something makes me nauseous. "Vee, can you eat for us. I can't."

Eddie needs to eat. We will not feel like eating after the surgery.

I take the raw meat out of the fridge. "Please, we share a stomach so it doesn't matter does it?"

Fine.

"How do you want it cooked," I'm digging around in the cabinet for a pan to cook it in.

We don't.

From behind me, I can hear Venom chomping down on the bloody meat. Just the thought of having that cold bloody meat in my stomach is enough to send me running to the trash can to regurgitate my guts into it.

Poor Eddie.

I feel a warm hand rubbing my back as I lean over the trash can. "Is Vulcan happy now."

Well... We just threw up his food before he could eat it. So probably not.

"Ugh... Just take over and find something for him."

On it.

With that Venom takes over. His black goo wrapping around my body. I feel safe like this. I watch through his eyes as he find more raw food in the fridge and devours it to satisfy our baby. However, I don't feel nauseous in Venom's form. Some of his alien instincts flood over into me in this form. I feel stronger, hungrier, and over all less human. Soon enough we are done eating and Venom seeps back into my skin.

Better?

"Much better."

I walk over to the couch and sit down. Subconsciously, I rub my baby bump. Venom forms next to me and cuddles around me. "What should we call our other spawn?" I ask.

He looks like a meatloaf. We could call him 'Meatloaf'.

"We are not naming our son 'Meatloaf'," I laugh at Venom's suggestion. Sometimes Vee can be so oblivious to human culture.

The human spawn is your species. We do not understand human names.

I ponder the question for a moment. I've thought about several names throughout my pregnancy but one keeps resurfacing in my mind. "How about Dylan?"

We think Dylan is a good name. It sounds strong, just like our spawn.

I gently pat my stomach, "Do you hear that Dylan and Vulcan? We have decided on your names."

Venom places a kiss to my stomach.

They are perfect.