Welcome Home - Chapter 23

Eddie's PoV -

After the final fight with Knull and after the other symbiots and their hosts left, obviously tired and confused, we all started the long walk home to the Brock family apartment. Venom, Vulcan, and Sleeper all hid inside their respective hosts as we walked down the dark but ever busy San Francisco streets. Dylan insisted on a piggy back ride which I gladly treated Dylan to. Michel walked beside me holding my hand. My sons. I love them and I would do anything to keep them safe. Before heading home we stopped by a 7-Eleven and bought some ice cream cones. Us three humans happily left with two cones each. One for us and one for our symbiots when we finally made it to our apartment across the street. Once inside our symbiots emerged and eagerly devour their chocolate ice cream cone. Michel looks around in amazement as he holds Sleeper's ice cream with Sleeper hanging over his shoulder licking the frozen treat. "Welcome to the Brock family, Michel and Sleeper." I smile at my sons.

Michel has tears in his eyes and now that Sleeper has ate the treat he cuddles around his host purring. "This is beautiful, thank you. I haven't had a home or a family in so long!" Michel rushes over and hugs me.

Dylan eagerly joins the group hug. "No worries, kid, you two will always have a home here." I hug both of my human sons.

"You're all probably tired. Let's get you to bed," I help Dylan and Vulcan to bed first and tuck them into their race car themed bed spread. "Good night, babies," I kiss them both.

I find Michel sitting on the couch. "You can borrow some of my pajamas to sleep in, they're much to big but that's all I have for now. We'll go shopping tomorrow to buy you everything you need," I sit a pair of my pajamas down next to Michel, "You'll have to sleep on the couch tonight but tomorrow we'll buy you a bed and find you somewhere to sleep."

I'm hugged once again. "Thank you, Eddie! You're way to good to us."

I smile and hug Michel and Sleeper. "You're family. You're both my sons now and I will treat you like my own. Now get some rest. Good night, kiddos."

With that, Venom and I walk to our room. I change into my own pajamas and slip under the covers. Venom half forms around me and cuddles me as is our usual.

It's been a long few days. Hasn't it?

I sigh and snuggle deeper into my lover's chest. "It sure has but I think our family is stronger for it."

We agree. We love you, Eddie.

"Good night, love." I kiss Venom goodnight and easily drift off to sleep.

Michel's PoV -

     After Eddie and Venom leave for their bed I scurry to the bathroom to change into the pajamas Eddie let me borrow. I quickly change into the pants. Probably 4 sizes to big on me but I pull the strings tight and tie them so they stay on. I turn the lights off. I don't like seeing my chest. I strip off my shirt. Next I peel off my binder. I relish in being able to take deep breaths. My lungs finally being able to expand fully. I quickly slip the oversized T-Shirt on. Michel, why do you keep wearing that binder after I tell you not to. It's too small for you and it's hurting you.

     "I've told you, Sleeper. I need it. I don't care if it hurts me."

I care. No more binding till we find something safer.