Rough Road to Freedom - Chapter 12

Eddie's PoV -

There is no time to waste. I pick up Dylan and carry my son on my hip. This would be easier with Venom's help but I can still feel Venom moving around inside me trying to take root and heal himself as well as my bullet wound.

"We can carry your sons, if you would like," Donna asks.

I question handing my sons over to a terrifying symbiot but I figured Donna is nice enough and can keep Scream under control.

"Sure, thank you," I hand Dylan over to Donna who's holds him.

The yellow symbiot covers her arms granting her extra strength. "Follow me, I'll show you the way out."

I do as I'm told and quickly but quietly follow Donna through the Life Foundation.

Donna's PoV -

I lead Eddie and his family through the maze that is the Life Foundation. Since bonding with Scream. We've been undercover, secretly working against Drake's cruel and inhuman experiments both on humans, symbiots, and other animals. Scream blames Eddie for the death of my family and admittedly a part of me does too. Regardless, I know deep inside my service to Drake was what killed my family and it haunts me everyday.

My love. It is not your fault. It is only Eddie and Venom's fault.

I sigh. Scream and I have become very close. Like Eddie and Venom I consider Scream to be my mate. Scream is the one stable voice in my head. I've always had mental health problems but since the trauma of losing my family the voices have grown worse. Some are kind but some have sinister plans. Scream is the one voice I can trust. The one I hold onto.

     I continue carrying Eddie's young son with the help of Scream. The boy's heart rate is terribly fast but it seems to be slowing with time. No doubt the help of his own symbiot. We pass lab equipment and horrific experiments of all kinds but we're almost out. Almost to freedom. I slide my card through another lock but this times alarms sound. Luckily not too loud for our symbiots. "Oh no." Red lights start flashing. This gives me a terrible sense of Deja Vu. I feel my heart start to race. My pulse quickens. I start to get a sense of impending doom. I'm having a panic attack and with panic attacks comes the voices.

Now they'll take Scream away from you.

Just like last time.

Run, leave the pitiful family behind.

Love can you hear me?!

They'll take everything away from you.

Listen to my voice. My voice only.

"Scream?"

Yes, it's me. Calm down. I'll take care of us. Let me help you.

With that I feel relief flood through me. Calm washes over me. I'm no longer panicking. "We need to get out of here," I state as calmly as possible.

"It's a little too late for that," a familiar voice states as Carlton Drake steps out from the shadows, "I always wondered if that wasn't you beneath that disguise, Donna."

Scream forms next to me.

Leave her alone, Riot!

"What's the fun in that?" Drake laughs before transforming into Riot.

Riot appears just as burnt and deformed as his host. Red and pink patches mark his usual silver skin. The burns somehow make the symbiot more ugly than normal. Riot roars menacingly. On cue, Scream forms around me. We place Eddie's baby down and charge at Riot.

I watch Eddie scramble to protect his children. He's talking with Venom who obviously still has much healing to do.

We meet Riot with a deep slash to his chest. Riot tries to slice us with a sword-like tendril but Scream is too fast and doges the attack. We counter with deep gashes to Riot's back only for Riot to turn and slice us on our left side. Scream retreats long enough to heal before attacking with all the more rage. Scream uses her long hair-like tendrils to attack. We manage a large stab through Riot's neck but he heals quickly. Scream unleashes a few more quick slices to Riot before blocking the silver symbiot's counter.

Why are you protecting Venom?

     Riot speaks while continuing our fight.

My Donna has a kind heart. Unlike your prissy host, Riot.

That's to bad. Venom's the reason your family's dead!

Possibly, but you're the real man behind their slaughter.

Scream emphasizes her claim by choking Riot with her long hair-like tendrils. However, their conversation has my mind stirring again. The voices are creating anger inside me and Scream is too busy to calm me this time. The anger builds. Anger at Riot and Drake and anger towards Venom and Eddie. They all killed my family! I hate them all!

Scream seems to sense my change of attitude.

Who do we fight?

"All of them, they all deserve to suffer!"

Anything for you, my love.

Scream seems empowered by my words and quickly manages to separate Riot and Drake. She tears deep gashes along Drake's chest before turning towards Eddie and Venom.

Seemingly expecting this attack, Venom has finally healed enough to cover Eddie. Dylan and Vulcan are no where to be seen. Their parents likely having hidden them during Riot and Scream's fight. That was a waste of time. Scream and I would never hurt inocente children unlike Riot and Drake. Instead, we're after murders: Venom and Eddie.