Powerful Child - Chapter 24

Eddie's PoV -

- Flashback -

Sleeper appears to bluff to a possessed Vulcan. Dylan is no weakling. He may not look it but he is a very powerful host. Knull left Dylan because he knew he was too powerful and posed a threat.

What does Sleeper mean by that? It seemed like Sleeper was bluffing but from what I know of the young symbiot is that he is very prim. He scarcely jokes and seems to only state truths.

——————

I need to ask Sleeper about that soon. I lay in bed wondering about Sleeper's words. The daylight shines in through the crack in the curtains. Venom peacefully sleeps on my chest making little snores. I gently pet my symbiote which wakes Venom. "Hey, Vee. Good morning."

Good morning, Eddie. Is something on your mind?

"Yeah, just look at my thoughts, love," I state not wanting Sleeper or Dylan to overhear us talking about them.

Oh. Despite his young age, Sleeper is a very knowledgeable symbiot. He has traveled the universe more than any of my other spawns or myself. He will be able to answer your question. However, since Dylan's birth, I have sensed a symbiot presence in him but I thought it was simply due to his bond with Vulcan.

"Hmmm. Thanks, Vee."

I quickly dress and ready myself for the day. I walk into the living room to find Michel and Sleeper already awake. Michel sits on the couch writing in his new journal while Sleeper is cuddled around his shoulders. "Good morning, kiddos," I state as I walk over to the coffee maker to brew a pot of coffee.

"Good morning, Eddie," Michel replies.

We sense you have something to tell us, Eddie. Sleeper replies.

God, that's creepy. "How did you know?"

Your pulse is heightened, your heart beats fast, you seem figgity, and I heard mumbling from your bedroom indicating you were being uncharacteristically quiet and thus secretive. That is what tells me.

"Slow down, Sherlock," Michel chuckles before bringing his symbiot into his arms and gently petting, Sleeper.

I walk over and sit beside Michel on the couch. I quietly sip my coffee and Venom cuddles me as he sits curled around my left shoulder. "Sleeper, something you said during our fight with Knull stuck with me. You said Dylan was powerful and Knull feared him. What did you mean by that?"

I first noticed it when I tried to bond with Dylan in the hospital. His body rejected me, painfully forcing me away. This is very odd. A symbiot can bond with anyone, though unless the host is a complete match the bond will only be temporary. It seems that only Vulcan can bond with Dylan. Dylan is a personified version of the symbiot codex and thus, even without Vulcan's influence, holds symbiot powers of his own.

"Is he okay? Should I be worried about him?" I question.

Dylan is fine. However, as he grows older he may begin to notice his powers and try to understand them.

"What powers does Dylan have?"

Besides being unable to bond with any other symbiot. He can forcibly control other symbiots against their will.