Escape - Chapter 13

Eddie's PoV -

     What a great time for Donna to have a change of heart, I think sarcastically. Venom is still weak and hurting but currently doing his best to protect me and our family. Scream slices at our chest but Venom manages to throw her off. The yellow symbiot lands nearby on a metal lab cart. She quickly recovers and attacks us again. Her hair-like tendrils try to choke us but Venom manages to chomp down on one causing her to release us with a hiss of pain. Vee attacks with his razor sharp claws landing a few good blows. Scream retaliates by jumping over us and slicing us down the back. Venom has to retreat to recover. Suddenly, we're attacked from behind. Riot slices at us with his sword-like tendrils. Scream attacks both Riot and us with her claws. Vee breaks away with a few scratches of our own. Riot pins Scream and stabs her through the chest. Riot cleanly slices though her torso causing her to collapse. Then Riot focus is on us. He tries to slice us but Venom barely manages to dodge. We shove Riot into a metal door. Riot's momentum causes the door to give way with a loud hiss following. Then a gas begins to fill the room.

"I got this, Vee."

Be careful, Eddie.

Putting his trust in us, Venom, quickly soaks back into my skin. I find a nearby Bunsen burner and turn it on. I throw the flame towards Riot and soon the room is filled with flames. Riot and Scream cry out in pain. Venom covers me again and we quickly grab our sons. Dylan is still unconscious but Vulcan is half formed next to Dylan watching our battle ready to protect his host at a moments notice. With Venom's help we bust through door after door till we finally reach our freedom. With Vulcan holding onto Dylan and clinging onto our back, Venom swings us to the safety of our apartment.

Venom let's me take control but remains half formed next to me. We lay Dylan on his bed and Vulcan is half formed around him. The young symbiot lays gently on his hosts chest, purring in contentment. "Vulcan, will Dylan be okay? Are you okay?" I ask with concern.

     The young symbiot looks up at me with his white opalescent eyes. Don't worry, Dad, I will heal Dylan, good as new. We are a little weak but we will heal soon. Vulcan replies.

     "Thank goodness, I'm sorry you had to go through that, my babies," I kiss both of my sons goodnight before tucking them in, "We love you both."

     Vulcan replies with a small yawn. It's not your fault.

"Thank you, baby," I smile at my symbiot son.

Venom gently nuzzles our sons good night.

     Vulcan yawns. I love you Dada and Papa.

     "Good night, baby."

      With that Venom and I curl up in our own bed. Venom puts the finishing touches on healing my injuries as well as his own. My husband cuddles into me.

You did good, Eddie.

"I don't feel very good, I feel like I failed you all," I snuggle into Venom's chest and allow myself to cry.

Of course we... you did good, Eddie. You did your best to protect us. You bought us time to escape by throwing that burner at Riot. Our Eddie is perfect.

I smile at Venom's kind words. "Thank you, my love," I kiss Venom's forehead.