Chapter 16

They had stayed in Mystic Falls a week and now they were going to bring Carmen back with them. Elena had gotten up early and she went outside to sit by the waterfall pond. It was truly a beautiful sight. She was wrapped up in one of the throw blankets and because, she was now staying away from coffee she was sipping hot tea. "Did you get any sleep last night?" He knew that she had been really bad morning sickness.

She turned to see Kol walking over to her. She smiled lightly shaking her head. She was happy but she couldn't wait till the sickness passed. "Not really."

He went and sat next to her. "You could have woken me up."

"You were sleeping so peacefully and i  really didn't want to wake you after you stayed up half of night with me while i was throwing up. I really do not understand why they call it morning sickness." She was ready for this part of the pregnancy to be over with. She wished that they were able to just hide here forever, but she knew that was not possible. They did have to go back to D.C.

"Are you ok?" He knew the memories this town held for her. And he knew that she hadn't wanted to come back here.

"I'm fine." She knew that being from here and being that her family was still here she didn't have a choice but to return.

Elena's phone started to ring. She didn't even want to look at it. She had a feeling she already knew what it was about, and she was not going to be a part of it. "Ugh what do they want? Can you answer it?" She held out the phone for him she had no time for this.

He chuckled taking her phone, he answered it putting it to his ear.  "Elena's phone how can i help you?" Elena watched as the look on his face changed. She wondered what was going on. "It's Bonnie she said it's important."

"Put it on speaker." She knew that if Bonnie was calling it just might have been important.

He put her on speaker. When he heard her say it was important, she sounded serious like she was worried about something. "She can hear you, Bonnie."

"Did you either of you do something to Stefan?" Bonnie had been irritated when Damon had called her with Lily asking if she knew what was going on with Stefan. That he was missing, and he thought they had something to do with it. Now she knew nothing about this and neither did Henrick, so she knew who they were trying to blame.

"Why are you calling us?" Elena got why someone wanted Stefan gone and honestly, she had a pretty good idea of who would do that, but it wasn't them.

Bonnie knew that this was probably confusing them to. She knew that they probably had nothing to do with it. But that did not mean that a Mikaelson didn't have anything to do with it. "Cause Lily and Damon are blaming you two and his sisters."

"Carmen and Rebekah?" Elena knew what had happened with that. Stefan had a baby with Carmen and was treating her like trash. And he was using Rebekah for her money, and she had broken up with him and hadn't given him any reason.

"Yes, cause apparently the day of the ball she insisted on staying with Freya and Hayley at the Mikaelson manor and that he could not come then she broke up with him the next day." Bonnie however did not know what happened there and she kind of didn't want to find out.

"Why am i getting blamed then?" She knew they were just trying to find some reason to blame her when they couldn't. They could probably tie it to Carmen and Rebekah but not her. She hadn't actually done anything yet.

"Cause you married into the family, so they are blaming you and insisting you had something to do with it." Bonnie knew that was just Lily and Damon's way of getting back at Elena for going on and getting married without even breaking up with him.