Forgiveness

I step out of my cab into the frosty New York air in front of my destination: Marlin's Cafe.

I peeked down at my watch to make sure I wasn't too early or too late. 9:58 pm.

Right on time.

I braced myself and took a long choppy breath as I held the handle to the thick glass door.

What could he possibly want.

A million things come to mind, but of course I will never figure those out until I go found out from him himself.

Seth.

I finally found the courage and tugged on the door enough to open it and shimmy inside out of the cold.

I glanced around the room before my eyes connected with the ones I loved not so long ago.

Seth stood as I walked over and pulled a chair out for me to take. I couldn't help, but notice the relief in his eyes along with a bit of uneasiness.

I've known him long enough I know when he's nervous, and this is one of those times.

"Thanks." I muttered as I took the seat he offered as he took the one he had been sitting in during my arrival.

"I was worried you wouldn't come..." he said trailing off staring down at the table.

"Yeah, I was suprised when you texted.." I responded.

There was a moment of silence before I broke it, "So...why did you want me to come."

I watched in silence as I saw Seth search for his words. Not in a defeated way, but again in the state of being nervous.

"I..I wanted to talk to you. AJ....I'm so sorry." He said continuing to look down, somewhat in shame.

"Wh-What." I stuttered before his big brown eyes met mine.

"I'm sorry. You were the only thing that meant a damn to me and I threw you away. I was so selfish....I kept feeding into my ego and then I met her and thought it would make me cool, but it didn-" I cut him off.

"You broke me Seth." I said lowly.

"I know. And I will never forgive myself for that. I abandoned the only one I....." he paused. "Loved"

He looked back down and when our eyes met again I saw the one thing I never thought I would see in Seth. Sorrow and sincerity.

"Do you mean...all of this?" I asked trying not to sound hateful.

Do I believe him?

"Yes, of course" He responded, "and look, I'm not expecting you to grovel at my feet and take me back...I just want you to know how sorry I am and maybe....we can be friends."

He gave a look of hope. As I nodded.

"You broke me Seth. I will never forget that.....but if I don't accept your apology I will never be whole again. Thank you. I would love to be your friend." I answered and on that shell of a man I once new was the goofy smile I missed.

____________________________________________
Dun dun dun!

So, Seth and AJ are reunited! As friend's, of course.

What are your thoughts on this?
Do you think he was truely sincere?
Is she just setting up for more heartbreak?

I officially have one more full week on school and then 3 days afterwards left of school, so do expect sooner updates that I have been doing as of late and expect new fanfics to come!

I currently have a "story" out that I would love for you to check out if interested. It took me about 5 months to make and I have finally released it. It is sorta of a helping story. It's my opinions on topics in hopes to help others or inspire others in some way. It is called 'I Am Not Afraid To Keep On Living' (could be I'm instead of I Am....not too sure).

As always, thanks for reading!