Long Lost Friend

(Hey guys! I'm saying this at the beginning to ensure you actually read it. First, check out another Wattpad writer DewayneCollinsLAD! Give their story a read, follow, all that good stuff. Second, I give updates on my stories and things not only at the end of chapters but mainly on my page. So, if you like my story and my writing and you want to make sure you don't miss anything, don't hesitate to follow me! I'm not doing this to gain followers, I'm saying this to avoid confusion because a lot of my readers don't follow so they don't know what's going on and comment wanting to know where my update is. Also feel free to share this story to your friends or check out my other stories. I'm trying to get my work out there because I genuinely enjoy writing these. Thank you, enjoy the chapter.)

I trudged along until I reached the front porch of a nice, modern, prefab home with cool toned gray bricks. I didn't even have to reach the front door before it swung open and a man stood with his arms out looking for a hug.

Tall, slender, but nicely toned. Hair combed back neatly, brown with a touch of gray. Handsome white, pearly smile to match. I couldn't help but get excited and jump into his tight embrace shouting, "Jake!!"

He chuckled and gave a little squeeze before releasing me, "April, my little crazy girl. How have you been and what have you been up to-" he glanced down at my leg, "besides hurting yourself?"

I gave him a playful nudge, "Oh, shut up, Jake the Baker."

"Can we ever just let that go!" He exclaimed, referring to his nickname.

I shook my head vigorously, "Nope."

He gave a laugh and a shake of the head in response and stood out of the way, letting me pass into the house.

Jake lives here in Seattle, and this wave of the tour happened to stop here. I haven't seen Jake around work in awhile, which honestly has me a bit worried. Jake's a big part of not only my personal life, but my work life as well. I did meet him at work after all.

I also owe a big part of my return to sanity to him.

He closed the door quietly behind me and ushered me into the living room to sit on his plump faux leather couch. A pretty ruby colored leather to be exact. Jake always had the knack for style. I can see why his girlfriend, Stephanie, likes him so much. Besides the number of other great things that go together to build our little Jake.

"Jake, it's..been awhile. How's Steph?" I asked, turning to face him as he sat on the opposite side of the couch.

He took a deep breath, causing me to stir, but he released a wide smile making the uneasiness float away. "Steph's great...I asked her to marry me."

I jumped with excitement and leaned forward to give him another hug, "Jake, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you!...I uh....am assuming she said yes?" I asked questionably.

"Yes, she said yes." Jake grinned, blushing. His cheeks looked like two ripe tomatoes.

Jake and Stephanie have been together long before he and I met, and you can tell he loves her. I can't really blame him. Stephanie is not only gorgeous, with her long brown locks and emerald green eyes, but she has a great sense of humor and the kindest heart.

Jake took in a slow deep breath before speaking again, "Uh...but about work..."

My heart sank. "No. Jake, no. They didn't fire you, did they?"

Another grin crept along his face, "I got promoted."

I gave him a hard playful shove, "You ass!"

"Sorry, I wanted to surprise you. That's why I haven't been there. Between the changes in schedule and moving people around, it's just been a waiting game. Kevin Dunn only wants to focus on the big shows like Total Divas and Raw, so I'm going to be producing Smackdown." He laughed.

He had me going there. I couldn't imagine Jake not working there anymore. Sure, Jake may be older than me by a handful of years (He's 35), but we mesh well. He helped me a lot back when I hit rock bottom. Had it not been for him and Dea-

Dean.