Scary Movies

"So any clue what you want to see? Like action, adventure, cartoon..?" Dean asked as we walked down the crowded street in downtown LA.

We're in town for Raw tomorrow and given parking is expensive and we didn't really want the hassle of flagging down a cab we decided to walk to the movies.

Dean and I try to do stuff like this every so often when we feel we haven't been caught up as much.

We typically talk all the time, but with Seth back in the picture I haven't seen much of Dean.

"I'm thinking scary." I responded trying to keep up the pace with him, "and would you slow down?!" I said with a laugh.

"Oh, sorry I was wondering why I kept hearing the soft sounds of a minor heart attack coming along" he gave a small smirk showing his joking-ness, earning a ha-ha very funny look back from me.

We walked in a silence for a few moments before he finally spoke again.

"So, Seth, huh? You guys seem to be becoming close again. That jerk just can't stop can he." He said flatly.

What has gotten into him?.

"He's fine, I guess.. He apologized and has.. He seems different. Seem's more mature and genuine. It's not like we are anything besides friends anyhow " I responded softly.

Dean's expression softened and he let out a sigh, "I know AJ. I just can't help, but be a little hesitant. I saw what he did to you the first time around and I just don't want him to do that to you again."

"Thank you..for looking out for me, I mean."

He stopped and pulled me into a gentle hug, "anytime."

-----

Dean and I settled on an action packed horror movie and by the time the showing was over it was about midnight.

"I know it's late, but do you think you'd like to go get something to eat before we head back to the hotel?" He asked, holding the door for me as I walked past and stepped out into the warm breeze.

"Yeah, that sounds great. There's a little homestyle restaurant across the street, if that sounds good.?"

"Like biscuits and gravy and stuff?"

I laughed, "yes"

"That sounds fantastic" his face let up and he held out his arm and I linked mine with his.

We walked across the street in silence until we reached the the door to the restaurant.

I jokingly opened the door for Dean and signaled him to walk in.

He bowed and walked in with a smile on his face until his face went into a grimace.

I gave him a confused look until I looked forward.

Dean and Seth were faced to face, and neither looked too happy to see the other.