(C1) The Calm Before The Fire

"Good morning everyone!" Chase said as he woke the team up with his megaphone. 7:30 AM sharp, the paw patrol got up and went for breakfast. But unlike usual, Marshall seemed depressed with his ears dropped and his tail not wagging as he woke up. Chase took notice of this, but didn't say anything.

"What's wrong Marshall? Seems like there's something on your mind" Ryder brought up while the pups ate, being concerned for his fire pup's health after uncharacteristically being slow to eat and seeming sad, normally he's right behind Rubble in terms of fastest eaters, but today he barely ate, and tried to walk out before Ryder stopped him.

"It's nothing R-Ryder, no need to worry about me for now. I'm going to take a short drive to see E- I mean get an errand done for Mayor Goodway" Marshall said as he tried to walk away, silently cursing himself for almost slipping his crush to Everest so soon.

"Okay Marshall, if you need anything, let me or any of the pups know via your pup tag" Ryder mentioned as Marshall silently nodded and walked out the front door of the lookout to his firetruck.

Marshall was driving though Adventure Bay after getting into his fire truck, with no destination in mind so he could clear his head.

"Grandpa, are we baking food today to show our appreciation for the paw patrol? Or is that tomorrow?" Alex asked his grandfather, Mr. Porter. The town had been secretly planning to go above and beyond as a collective to show their appreciation for all members of the Paw Patrol. "We can start today, but the surprise party is in two weeks" He explained to his grandson, who went out to the park to play after acknowledging what his grandfather told him.

Back at the lookout, the pups and Ryder were thinking about what's going on with Marshall until Chase jumped to his feet with a thought.

"Ryder sir? Did Marshall seem off to you as well even a few days ago? I know it's nearly the anniversary of when we found him on the beach, but he doesn't seem to be thinking about that, right now at least. I'm worried about him, he seems very down" Chase told Ryder out of concern for his brother in everything but blood and teammate on the Paw Patrol. Everyone on the team was concerned about their usually happy go lucky fire pup, hoping that he wasn't keeping secrets from them so they could help him...

Short chapter to start off I know, but there's a lot more to come. My current plan is weekly updates but we'll see. This is a Marshall x Everest story but it won't be a straight forward romance I'll say that at least.

Feedback is always appreciated! Especially now since this is my first story.