(C4) Blazing Embrace

Hey guys! Chapter 4 of Frozen Fire is here! I wonder how this will go, based on Chapter 3? Let's see! Enjoy in any case!

"Okay Ryder, I'm here and standing by" Everest called out as she jumped from the ambulance Marshall usually drives. "Thanks for hurrying Everest, we've got Marshall in the building helping get the civilians out, and some of them may need medical attention when they get out." Ryder told Everest as she looked towards Mr. Porter's restaurant, up in flames, with smoke trailing into the night sky of Adventure Bay.

"Skye, come in. How is it up there?" Ryder asked Skye via her pup tag, concerned for the aviator pups safety with the huge fire. It took a second before Skye replied. "I'm okay up here Ryder, harness is ready to airlift some of the civilians out, but I'm more concerned about Marshall being in that fire with a lot on his mind." Skye told Ryder with concern in her voice, Chase and Everest then chimed in with similar feelings. "All of us are concerned Skye, but you know Marshall, he's fully focused on the job when he's out here, he won't let what's troubling him compromise the safety of others. He's just the kind of pup to put everyone way before himself, to his own detriment sometimes"

We then see Marshall inside the restaurant, as he pushes up to the second floor. "WHOA, that was close!" Marshall shouted as he jumped backward from a flaming plank that slammed on the ground where he was running, snapping in half as it hit the ground, then burning into nothing but ash. "I have to be quick, they're depending on me. I'M FIRED UP!" Marshall shouted as he found the stairs to the second floor. He then had the idea to get in touch with Ryder as he went up the stairs. "Come in Ryder, I found the stairs to the second floor. I'm going up so I'll stay in contact, Marshall out" Ryder was relieved to hear Marshall speaking, but everyone on the Paw Patrol already knew how Marshall gets when it comes to the job. "Copy that Marshall, stay safe" Ryder replied as he cut the line between him and Marshall. "Okay Chase, I see the cones are up, can you put your net below the balcony so when Marshall finds the survivors, he and the others can jump out to sa-?" Ryder began to ask Chase, so they could get set up for the evacuation. But as he spoke, an explosion from inside the restaurant happened, shocking everyone nearby, and instantly putting the team into panic mode for their fire pup's safety and the civilians inside the restaurant. "Marshall, do you copy? Are you there?" Ryder quickly asked his Dalmatian via his pup tag. Chase, Skye and Everest tried to get in contact as well, but heard nothing but static. "His pup tag must be damaged." Ryder thought out loud, with three concerned pups, Mr. Porter and some nearby drivers watching. Luckily by this point, the fire was dead thanks to the team, which meant they could be fully focused on Marshall. "Rebuilding the restaurant can come later, make sure Marshall is okay." Mr. Porter told Ryder who had a fearful look in his eyes after hearing nothing from his fire pup's tag.

But after around three minutes, the Paw Patrol saw multiple civilians jump onto Chase's net, which he had shot from his launcher as the explosion happened. "Ryder, the civilians are safe, let's get them to Everest so they can go to the hospital." Ryder then told Everest to bring the severely injured with her to the hospital. Skye, Chase, Ryder and Mr. Porter then waited anxiously for their towns beloved fire pup to jump out. But as he fell on the net from jumping from the balcony, the team minus Everest and Rubble, Rocky, Zuma and Tracker, who were at the lookout, got a good look at Marshall, who had several burns from his hind legs, all the way up to his neck, multiple open wounds that were bleeding and a missing collar and pup tag.

Inside the restaurant from before the explosion: We see Marshall leading the civilians out of the restaurant, and everyone but Marshall jumped out safely, who realized his collar and pup tag disappeared, and decided to retrace his steps to get it back. But as he went back further in, he found his charred pup tag and his collar. But as he realized that and started to run out of the restaurant, another flaming plank landed on a gas can that wasn't stored properly and caused an explosion that launched Marshall through multiple pieces of wood, sending him tumbling on the burning floor with multiple fresh burns, the brave Dalmatian struggled to his feet, knowing that with his oxygen mask destroyed as well, laying down and resting here would lead to his death, so he pushed through his pain and jumped onto Chase's net. "Skye, can you airlift Marshall to Katie's? He needs medical attention immediately" Ryder frantically asked Skye as Marshall passed out, with a lot of panic in his voice for his fire pup, Chase and Skye looked panicked as well as Skye took the severely injured Dalmatian in her harness and flew off to Katie's.

"All Paw Patrol members, come in, this is Ryder. All Paw Patrol members, head to Katie's, we have an emergency." Everest also heard this in her pup tag as she dropped four civilians off at the Foggy Bottom medical centre ER. "Oh no, I hope everyone is okay. I better get there now." Everest thought out loud to herself as she jumped back into the ambulance and started heading to Katie's.

At Katie's pet parlour/veterinary clinic:

"Well everyone, Marshall is currently knocked out cold, he needs to rest, but when he wakes up, take it easy with him. Alright?" Katie instructed the group as she cleaned off her blood stained clothes from tending to Marshall. She has been extremely panicked as well when Ryder came running in with a critically injured Marshall on a stretcher, and she quickly took him into the emergency area. Around two minutes after the team from Mr. Porter's rescue got to Katie's, Rubble, Zuma, Rocky and Tracker parked their rigs outside Katie's, practically smashing the entire wall of the front door down in panic for what's going on. "Ryder, what's going on?" The four of them asked, fearful for the answer they're going to get. "Well pups, Marshall is in critical condition after an explosion during the rescue at Mr. Porter's.

The team gasped, and started whimpering and crying for their brave fire pup, however he was still alive, if not barely. However, one of their own being critically injured during a rescue had never happened before, sure, a sprained paw or a fever or something would happen sometimes, and they weren't strangers to critically injured civilians in need of medical help. They couldn't stomach the thought of it happening to one of their own, but it happened today, which was a grim reminder of how dangerous their job was. A lot of their rescues involved mundane things, like getting Cali out of a tree, or Chickaletta from whatever the chicken was doing, which meant the pups never really thought about how dangerous their job can be. Sometimes civilians died though, but even then it was in a hospital after the pups and Ryder did all they could. But this? This was one of their own critically injured, and none of them could've done anything differently to prevent this.

"Katie? Is it okay if we set up our pup houses in the parking lot? We want to stay here so we can check on Marshall while he's here." Rocky asked Katie after she came back out to clean her clothes. Hoping that she'd say yes. "Yes you can, but that's because I don't have the space in here for 7 dogs and Ryder to sleep. But Ryder you can sleep with me with the pups in their pup houses, unless you want to sleep in a pup house too that is." Katie jokingly said to Ryder, trying to lighten the mood a bit. Unfortunately for her, Ryder was too focused on his pup's safety to pick up on Katie's joke, through no fault of her own, she just understood that everyone here, including herself were scared and concerned about how Marshall is doing. "Okay pups, it's time we go to bed. I want to stay up for Marshall as much as you all do, but he'd never let us hear the end of it if we sacrificed our health while in concern for his. Katie, you said I can sleep with you, r-right?" Ryder shyly asked Katie, Marshall and Chase were the only pups Ryder had told he has a crush to Katie, but everyone in Adventure Bay basically already knew. "I mean, yeah, unless you want to cram yourself into a pup house, come upstairs to my room." Katie replied. "But first, I'm going to do one last check on Marshall before bed." Katie told Ryder as she walked into the examination room. "Actually Katie, can I come with you to the examination room as well? I want to see how Marshall is doing." Ryder asked Katie, hoping he could. "I mean you can, but it's just a quick examination before we go to bed." The pups had already went to their pup houses as well, trying to fall asleep, but their minds just kept reminding them about the state of Marshall right now.

Okay Chapter 4 is done! Chapter 5 will be very important by the way!