(C20) Fighting Back

"Eternal silence is everything right now. And I feel like I'm in pain? Where am I?" Marshall thought to himself as he tried to think of where he was while unconscious. Continuing the thought, he recognized voices "I think I can hear voices but those aren't Ryder and the pups... wait a minute... is that Humdinger I hear?"

As Marshall was lost in thought, his right rear leg twitched, alerting Butch that Marshall was slowly waking up. He was in one of the most hidden rooms of the entire facility, the only realistic entrance was a garage door that was locked, and it's also the most obvious entrance choice for the pups and Ryder if they find the facility. Ruben walked into the room as well to convey a message. "Butch, I was stalking the Square a bit, I saw two of the pups. They're trying, as we predicted they would to find clues about Marshall's kidnapping." Unknown to them, Marshall could hear them and he shot awake.

But as the spotted pup tried to get up and move to bite them, he noticed he was restrained down. And sadly for him, Ruben and Butch heard him struggling and biting at his restraints.

"Ah the pup of the hour is fully awake, time to get the fun started!" Butch said with a sadistic smile on his face as he pulled out a TV, having been kidnapped by Butch and likely Ruben as well sent a wave of emotions through Marshall. They had set up the facility to look like the one from the root of Marshall's trauma from the worst year of his life. His mom dying was the event that sparked everything, but he had been kidnapped by the monsters from his and Everest's past. Not knowing what would happen, Marshall braced himself as the restraints on his body and the muzzle on his snout were removed, which surprised the pup.

After the wave of surprise went past Marshall, he stood up and ran, bursting out of the door only for Ruben and Butch to begin chasing him.

As Marshall shot up, Ruben was the first to chase, beginning to shout as Marshall ran "What the?!? Who removed the restraints on our captive pup? Butch! After him!" Ruben shouted as Butch took notice and started following him. While he was running, Marshall noticed Mayor Humdinger and fully confirmed to himself that Mayor Humdinger was in fact working with Ruben and Butch. Ignoring this for now, Marshall tried to yell to activate his pup tag but it wasn't there, and neither was his gear. Trying to access his options with Ruben and Butch screaming while chasing him, he slid under the somewhat open garage door and started running as fast as he could, not knowing or caring where he was going as long as it was away from these three and this facility.

Marshall continued to run as Ruben and Butch grabbed one of Mayor Humdinger's new pieces of technology that Harold had built for each of them. "I need to escape and get in contact with Ryder and the pups somehow. But all of my gear is gone" Marshall then heard the roaring of an engine and jumped into the bush. It was Ruben on a motorcycle! Butch was driving the van from earlier, and both were searching for Marshall using some kind of a claw like device. "Gotta keep hiding" Marshall thought to himself, staying as silent as possible until he heard another engine that sounded far more familiar. It was Everest's snowcat. But once Everest saw Ruben and Butch, she finished connecting the dots in her head that they captured Marshall, which set off her violent side she developed after her parents were killed and from two years of torture from Ruben and Butch. She had suppressed it for a while, but that realization set it off in her head as she jumped forward screaming.

"YOU. TOOK. MY. MARSHY. FROM. ME." Everest launched a war cry as she launched herself at Butch, fully ready to kill. Butch cowered in fear from the raging husky, not prepared to die. But Ruben set something off, and accidentally launched the claw from the tech both of them were using, and it latched onto Everest's neck, cutting her momentum and sending her tumbling into the ground as she rolled away, still screaming out war cries as Butch prepared to electrocute the mountain rescue pup.