(C3) A Turn for the Worst

We see Mr. Porter in the Foggy Bottom medical centre, sitting down in a purple chair in a red, white and blue room. He's in deep thought about his grandson, Alex. "All I can do for now is wait for news about Alex". Meanwhile though, the doctor tending to Alex told the nurse near him the good news "Well, the kid is going to be okay. Make sure to tell the grandfather of this kid that he'll be staying here for a few days so we can examine this head injury"

Back at the lookout though, we see Chase, Everest, Skye, Tracker, Rubble, Rocky, Zuma and Ryder try and speak to Marshall, by this point, Rocky had already opened up the lock on the pup house door. However, even with a lot of his close friends who want to know what's going on, he found himself slinking into the corner of his fire truck curling up into a ball, whimpering all the while with tears rolling down his face. "I-I'm sorry, R-Ryder, everyone, I jus- I just don't know how to talk about what's going on" Marshall let out softly, his speech being barely audible. Even with all of the close by members of the Paw Patrol in Adventure Bay nearby, even Tracker barely heard him. In Marshall's head though, he knew exactly how to talk about this, but his subconscious told him he didn't deserve or need his friend's help with this, because he'd just be a burden.

Ryder slowly crouched into the pup house and picked up Marshall. "It's okay buddy, we're all here for you" Ryder told Marshall, and every pup nearby echoed similar feelings. But after hearing everyone yawn and seeing Marshall pass out in his arms, Ryder decided to call an early bedtime, taking Marshall to his own room upstairs in the lookout to comfort the Dalmatian.

"Well Mr. Porter, Alex will be okay but we need to keep him here for a few days to examine his wounds. We'll give the phone number you put on file a call when you're able to pick him up" Hearing this, Mr. Porter walks back out to the parking lot and drives away in his van. But after a twenty minute drive, he comes back to see his restaurant on fire. He knew he had to call the Paw Patrol for this, due to Adventure Bay not having a dedicated 911 service except the Paw Patrol, but despite being pups, they were great at their job. "Ryder! I need help! I just found my restaurant on fire"

As Ryder slowly climbed into bed with Marshall curled up in his side, softly talking in his sleep about his favorite pup treats they get, he got a call from Mr. Porter. "Paw Patrol! To the lookout! He saw Marshall jolt awake and run to the control room, and when he got there, he stood in front of the elevator in his usual spot as the other 7 pups jumped into their usual spots! "Okay pups! Sorry for the late night wake up call, but Mr. Porter's house is on fire. We're all concerned about you Marshall, but for this mission I'll need: Chase! You're going to direct traffic and use your net as a back up plan to catch civilians who have to jump from the second floor of the cafe! Marshall! I need you to use your fire hose to put out fires. Skye! I need you to use your harness to airlift someone if it comes to that. Everyone else, stand by, we may need backup"
With that, Ryder went down his fire pole with Chase, Skye and Marshall going down the slide, no one bothering with their usual catchphrases due to the urgency of the mission.

Despite having a lot on his mind, when Marshall saw the intensity of the fire, he went full seriousness mode. "Mr. Porter, was there anyone in your restaurant?" He asked Mr. Porter with a determined look on his face. "Multiple on the second floor" He told Marshall who put on his oxygen mask, un docked his fire hose from the fire truck and instructed Ryder to use it to put some of the fire out.

"Ryder, is Marshall going to be okay? That fire seems really intense compared to what we usually deal with" Chase asked Ryder, who seemed to be fully focused on putting some of the fire out. "Chase, he's handled worse before joining us if memory serves, but it's been a while. Let's just have faith"

"Ryder! I had an idea" Skye told Ryder via her pup tag. "Get Everest here with Marshall's EMT pack and ambulance, multiple people here will need medical attention most likely and Everest is our backup medic"
"Great idea Skye, calling her now" Ryder disconnected the line as he had Chase set up his net and take the fire hose so he could call Everest.
"Hey pups! We need Everest here with Marshall's EMT pack and ambulance just in case" Ryder then quickly cut communication after leaving that instruction. Everest then went down the elevator and put Marshall's EMT pack on, it's a bit small for her but it's big enough. Too bad Ryder hasn't made one for her yet. "I should probably ask him to do that after this, but that's a thought for another day" Everest then went back up the elevator and got into Marshall's ambulance and drove off to Mr. Porter's.

"Okay Chase, give me the hose back, set up some traffic cones and hold the area around the cafe so we can keep everyone safe" Ryder instructed Chase as he went back to focusing on the fire as Everest pulled up at the cafe.

"Okay everyone! Let's do this!" Ryder called out as the team got back to work, fully focused on saving Mr. Porter's cafe and the citizens of Adventure Bay.

Chapter 3 is here! And it seems like things are starting to happen... let's hope everything works out for the team in this rescue...