(C17) Recalling the Past

Before this chapter gets started, here's a warning that this will be one of the heaviest and longest chapters of Part 1. The chapter is starting off with the team beginning to rebuild Mr. Porter's cafe, but just stay tuned to find out what happens.

Rocky dove into his recycling truck, and pulled out a lot of material to put down on the site so they'd have the materials here for when they have everything they need to rebuild the whole building. Ryder noted it would probably be an Ultimate construction rescue that gets this done.

Having the wood and concrete at the site though and the hot spots left over extinguished by Marshall, the team left the site of the old wreckage and began heading back to Jake's Mountain.

But back in Foggy Bottom, Ruben and Butch were surprised to see Mayor Humdinger's entire base of operations was a cave with some kittens. "Hey... uh, Mayor Humdinger. Surely you have some kind of actual facility to do what you need to do right?" Ruben and Butch asked. Mayor Humdinger paused for a moment before standing up.

As a matter of fact, it's being built in Barkingburg." Humdinger leaned forward as he laughed evilly along with Ruben and Butch as they began planning.

"So the facility is in Barkingburg. I think we should find out where the Paw Patrol is right now and engage them in a large scale fight to capture either Marshall or Everest or both." Butch offered with a sinister smile on his face.

"I like the plan Butch, but we need to do something like the avalanche plan wherever the fight will happen so we get an opportunity." Ruben pointed out, remembering how their plan to capture Everest went poorly when they decided to go after Marshall instead. The pair then looked to Mayor Humdinger for ideas, who flashed an idea in his head.

"So, here's the plan..." Humdinger whispered to the pair.

Everest had been pacing around the cabin, trying to keep herself distracted, Skye, Chase, Zuma and Tracker had all tried to speak to her to get her mind off of Ruben and Butch for even a bit, with all four of them barely getting a response every single time they tried while Rocky, Ryder, Marshall and Rubble were out on this mission.

"Hey Everest" Skye began, as she tried to speak to the husky again, who clearly had a lot on her mind, between Ruben and Butch, Mayor Humdinger, and her feelings for Marshall she hasn't been able to satisfy yet. Skye then continued trying to cheer Everest up a little bit. "Listen, Everest, you and Marshall don't need to feel alone with what's going on with Ruben and Butch. We're behind you all the-" Skye tried to finish her sentence but was cut off by Everest growling, she didn't look like she would bite Skye but it certainly startled the cockapoo. Everest continued to growl as Skye whimpered before stopping to think about what she was going to say while letting Skye catch her breath.

"Skye, I know everyone is behind me and Marshall with this... but" Everest began to whimper and cry, seemingly on the verge of a mental breakdown after keeping all of her thoughts caged for so long, Skye braced herself for what was to come, and Tracker, Zuma and Chase, who had run over to silently watch braced themselves as well as the mental barricades in Everest's mind violently detonated. "IT'S ALL OUR FAULTS, WE KEPT THESE THINGS HIDDEN FROM ALL OF YOU..." Everest shouted for a bit and caught her breath before continuing. "Me and Marshy... tried to keep everything hidden from you and the rest of the Paw Patrol so it wouldn't affect all of you... but we were so selfish and it affected all of us... I'm sorry." Everest then whimpered, clearly disappointed with herself while expecting Skye to rip into her.

But to her surprise, Skye, Chase, Zuma and Tracker all walked up to her and pulled her into a group hug. Chase then spoke up.

"Everest, facing your past can hurt more than anything... don't be ashamed with yourself for keeping things caged up, and you weren't selfish. It's okay." Chase softly spoke while tapping Everest's back with one of his paws while the four pups were in a group hug. Everest took a moment to consider that before Zuma spoke up.