(C8) Shining Bright

As Alex and Mr. Porter walked into Katie's, Alex was trembling in fear, he knew Katie and Katie's clinic quite well, but knowing a critically injured Marshall is fighting for his survival in there tore Alex apart. And he was just trying to hold his emotions behind the floodgates to stay strong for Marshall's shake, but inside his own head, Alex was an emotional train wreck with everything in his head, moving around violently like a tsunami destroying everything in its path. Mr. Porter noticed the tearful expression Alex had, and that he was trying to hold it together, deciding not to say anything, he kneeled down and let Alex cry into his shoulder because he could tell this was very emotionally harrowing for Alex.

Katie waited until Mr. Porter could fully comfort his grandson before walking up, lightly smiling at the moment, but knew Alex was devastated because of why they were here. Marshall being injured critically after an explosion during a rescue at their cafe. But after Alex had calmed down slightly, the veterinarian walked up to the two and told them the news: "Hi Alex, Mr. Porter. Marshall is in the Emergency Care room here." Katie told them as they walked up to the room, Alex slowly getting more and more nervous as the door got closer, fearful of how Marshall would be doing on the other side of this door.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Paw Patrol had finished walking up to Katie's and they were just as concerned about Marshall as Everest and Alex were. The entire town love the Paw Patrol, Marshall being one of the more popular pups due to his job. So if the town knew any of them were in a coma due to critical injuries, Ryder knew they'd all try and help.
"Pups, I heard Alex and Mr. Porter are here." Ryder continued as he opened the door to Katie's. "Let's go see Marshall, Everest Rocky and Tracker everyone, I need to go talk to Katie." He said as he opened the front door to the clinic, but as the pups ran in they saw Mr. Porter, Katie and Alex as Ryder said they'd be here.

Alex didn't seem to notice that his heroes were right behind him though, with his eyes firmly locked on the sleeping Dalmatian in the emergency care room. "Gra...Grandpa, is Marshall gonna be okay?" He shakily asked his grandfather while he wrapped his arms around his legs crying softly. "Alex I honestly can't say for sure, but I'm sure Katie can tell you." The moment he said that, Alex wiped the tears off his face and let go of his grandfather's legs. "Katie, how's Marshall been the past few days?" He maturely asked with a brave expression. But Katie could tell he was putting a mask on to be a beacon of hope right now, but mentally he was ripping himself apart. "Well Alex he has been doing well, he's opened his eyes and spoken a few times but he's resting right now, that way his injuries can heal because when he woke up he was understandably in a lot of pain." Katie explained to Alex, who was listening but also scanning Marshall while Katie talked. He could see burns on his legs, chest, neck and ears and multiple stitched up wounds that Katie said would take a few weeks to do what they need to do, being closing those open wounds so Marshall doesn't get the wounds infected.

But as the three looked over the resting Dalmatian, the rest of the Paw Patrol, having silently watched this moment between Mr. Porter, Alex and Katie decided to walk up to see Marshall's current state themselves. Ryder decided to walk up first to check on his pup, and rubbed the back of his neck softly, while avoiding any injured areas to avoid making anything worse. "Marshall you're such a good pup, Katie's still taking care of you but we're right behind you buddy." The young leader of the Paw Patrol assured the Dalmatian, and Ryder could've sworn he saw Marshall's ears perk up slightly while hearing his voice. Slowly but surely, the pups walked up to Marshall and saw him for themselves, and Katie's heart split in two watching them see their teammate and great friend just lay there in this state.

But for now, all they could do is wait. So the pups minus Everest and Chase decided to go back home to the lookout with Ryder, with Mr. Porter and Alex also leaving to let Katie do her work.

Once Mr. Porter got back to the burned down cafe though, he made a plan with Alex. "Hey Alex here's an idea, let's tell the Mayor what happened with Marshall, okay? She's been wondering and I don't think we should keep the town in the dark. But after Marshall has recovered I think we should get the Paw Patrol appreciation ceremony to happen a bit earlier this year." He said to Alex who seemed happy to help. So together they decided to speak to Mayor Goodway tomorrow. "Oh and Alex, Ryder just told me he set up two air mattresses in the lookout and we can sleep with the pups until they can fix the cafe." He added to Alex who was wondering where they'd sleep, but that definitely answered his thought. "We get to sleep with the Paw Patrol at the lookout! Yay!"

But still Mr. Porter, Katie and Ryder knew that Alex was trying to put on a happy face to stay strong for Marshall. "I wish you wouldn't bottle your emotions up, Alex." Mr. Porter thought to himself. In truth, no one who knew about Marshall's current state was happy right now. But staying strong for Marshall was at the front of their minds right now.

"So Katie, how are Marshall's vitals doing?" Chase asked, hoping for good news to give Everest and the others.

"They seem strong Chase, but once he wakes up tomorrow he's going to stay here for a few days so he can begin to heal."

"Okay thanks Katie. I'm going to go tell Everest." Chase said as he walked out of the Emergency Care room. But once he walked out, he didn't know where Everest was. "Hey Everest, where are you?" He asked as he called Everest's tag. "I have news regarding Marshall."

Everest had decided to take a short drive to clear her head when suddenly her pup tag lit up, preparing to drive back to the lookout she answered it. "Everest here. What's going on?" Then she heard Chase's voice over her tag, noticing Chase had called her on a direct line."I'm in town right now, I'll be back in a few minutes. Thanks for asking Chase."  Everest then turned back towards Katie's, having a bad feeling she was being watched.

"Hello, I see one of the dogs you mentioned. Where are you in your drive right now? And what's so special about these dogs?" A strange figure asked as they put their binoculars away, having seen Everest drive around Adventure Bay.

We then see the other strange figure enter Ontario Canada with two dog muzzles, a tranquilizer, a combat knife and dog treats as a smirk went on their face. "Understood, have you seen the Dalmatian as well? And these dogs are the ones that ran away five years ago and ruined my plans. Now it's time to get them back, I'm just entering Ontario now." They said with an evil smile forming on their face as they drove into Ontario.

So Alex, Mr. Porter and the other pups have seen Marshall, and Everest seems to have had a feeling about being watched. And she was being watched! Be ready for Chapter 9 very soon! Feedback is always appreciated!