(C19) Planning for Payback

Ryder slowly walked over to Marshall's pup tag, the pups followed up by moving out of their hiding spots and running over to where Ryder and Chase were, only to see Marshall's pup tag on the ground with some blood and scratch marks on the pavement of the Square.

Emotions had been running extremely high ever since Marshall nearly died at Mr. Porter's cafe, with it only escalating further like a boiling pot melting over constantly. But Marshall being kidnapped? No one had been in a great state of mind, but this felt like the straw that broke the camel's back, especially for Everest who was visibly crying even when Ryder called the pups for a Mission Paw to do a search and rescue.

"I- I failed him, Ryder... everyone... I'm sorry, I'm going to find him alone." Everest softly let out before darting away from the Square with her gear on, no destination in mind other than wherever Marshall is. Chase took notice of this and got his net out, he shot it in front of Everest to stall her but not trap her, while slowly and surely, Ryder walked behind the hyperventilating husky as she cried into his shoulder once he picked her up.

"H-Hey, Everest. It's going to be okay. None of us will give up until we find Marshall." The pups reassured while Ryder stayed silent to let Everest non verbally vent her feelings.

Everest sniffled multiple times before she slowly spoke to regain her composure just a little bit. "Thank you... everyone... let's go find Marshy." Everest slowly said, not caring that she called Marshall by his nickname from her in front of everyone, but to her slight relief, everyone seemed too on edge to notice as they all went into the Air Patroller to plan how they'd get payback and rescue Marshall.

"Okay pups, before we even begin planning. This is a Mission Paw!" Ryder exclaimed as the Paw Patrol logo turned two shades of purple. "Robo Dog, put us in stealth mode." He added as the robot put the Air Patroller into its black and red stealth mode.

"Now pups, let's get to the Mission Paw HQ." Ryder finally said as the Air Patroller went full speed, the pups and Ryder fully determined to save Marshall and stop Ruben and Butch.

But meanwhile, Mayor Humdinger and Ruben were driving a van with that same pup inside. Marshall was unconscious and tied up in ropes, his snout had a dog muzzle on it so he couldn't bark, and he was bleeding lightly even with the emergency bandaging Mayor Humdinger did after the ambush in Barkingburg Square, not that he wanted to help one of the pups, but he knew they had to stay alive for the three of them to torture and so Ruben and Butch could complete their plan for Marshall and Everest, which Mayor Humdinger wasn't told of. Marshall also still had visible scars of the explosion at Mr. Porter's with all of his gear gone. Mayor Humdinger had thrown his vest and pup pack into the ocean a while back. "Ruben, I threw the pups gear and pup tag into the ocean. No way they're finding it." He said as he continued driving to the facility.

"Good, Mayor Humdinger. Just make sure we get to the facility before the pups and Ryder get moving to rescue their captured teammate." Ruben replied as Mayor Humdinger kept driving to the facility.

Ten minutes later, the van was at the facility, it was a black and grey facility made of concrete and steel with a garage door for entrance for the pair on the side of it. Mayor Humdinger went to the back of the van to see Marshall still unconscious. He untied the ropes on his paws and picked him up, keeping the muzzle on Marshall as Ruben opened up the garage door to get ready himself.

"Okay Humdinger, we ready?" Butch asked as he saw the Mayor carrying an unconscious Marshall.

Mayor Humdinger didn't want any of the pups or Ryder to get tortured, because deep down they've saved him before despite the mischief he causes in Adventure Bay. And they're just children at the end of the day, but he also knew Ruben and Butch wouldn't let him just give one of their targets back. "Maybe I could betray them later on?" Mayor Humdinger thought as he looked at Marshall's still deeply unconscious face. Deciding to think about it later on, Mayor Humdinger replied as he gave Marshall to Butch. "Yeah we're ready. Let's get this over with."

Back in the Air Patroller, it landed in the Mission Paw headquarters so the team could plan to rescue Marshall. As the pups and Ryder left the Air Patroller and went down the elevator, there was a non verbal communication between Ryder and the pups as they all looked forward, ready to do whatever it takes to rescue Marshall. As the elevator stopped, the pups dashed forward and Ryder slowly walked to the planning area as he began to speak. "Okay pups, this is an all paws on deck mission. We're all going to split up into groups of two to search. Skye, you're coming with me so we can do an aerial search and I can follow up with my ATV. Rubble and Rocky, you're going to search the city. Chase and Tracker, search the square with your gear. And Everest and Zuma, I need you to check the waters surrounding Barkingburg, and Everest I want you to stay with Zuma so you can then check the area around the castle. Alright! Paw Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder finally stopped his instructions as the pups went into their groups and got into their vehicles, driving off to complete what they had to do.

Short chapter I know, but the next chapter will be very important. But onto the chapter, the Paw Patrol's plan is set. They're splitting into groups of two to search for clues about Marshall's kidnapping, and Marshall has been taken to the facility with Mayor Humdinger, Butch and Ruben! See you guys soon for Chapter 20 "Fighting Back".