This Gyaru Will Date the Otaku in 42 Days

Ahh, such a wonderful weekend. Too bad it has to be ruined by the day known as Monday. Still, the Otaku is happy with how things have been shaping up in his life. Who knew having friends to do social things was so much fun? Not to mention it makes it all the better when it's something he's interested in too. It's just so wonderful that he's gotten so close to Koyamauchi.

But... What are these feelings that stir in his heart? Sure, he always felt she was cute, but he things most girls at school are cute. It's probably that he has low standards or something. At least, that's what he's always thought growing up, so he usually doesn't bother with liking girls he meets all that much outside the Gyaru. However, something feels a bit different with his senior.

He's probably overthinking it, but it feels like she actually likes hanging out with him. There's no need for some kind of weird intervention from the creator of this world to force them together or anything. Just a couple of friends who are doing things that friends do together. That's pretty different than with the others, who he more or less just runs into on a daily basis.

"Oof." Like today, for example. This time around, he runs into Kinjyou. "Sorry."

"No need to apologize." She pays no mind at all that he ran into her. Not even a care that admittedly he might've felt a bit of her squishy chest either. "I just wasn't paying attention."

"Well, I guess we should be more careful in the future." He laughs, still questioning at times how exactly was it so easy to befriend her. It took him a good month with the Gyaru, but with her and Koyamauchi, it seemed to happen in a week.

"I heard about that tournament ya won with Koy, that's real nice!" She congratulates him, a bit to his surprise. "Must not have been easy."

"You already heard about that?" It's only morning of the next day, and he doubts she follows the places that would promote it.

"Yeah, Koy told me, like, a few minutes after you won the whole thing." She shows off her phone, on the screen is a picture of the two partying it up after victory. "She even told me about that hug you pulled on her." The girl says with a mischievous smile.

"Sh-she did!?" Now he's afraid, what is all this going to mean?

"Hahaha, I never took you for a player." She slaps him on the back, all the while giggling uncontrollably. "It even made her blush, she says." Hearing Kinjyou say all this seems like someone spilling the secrets they shouldn't. It's enough to get him feeling a bit panicked. "But no big deal, she knows you just got a little excited. But, Koy's not one to take hugs so easily, says it makes her feel like a kid."

"Oh, so that's all?" He responds, hoping that his fears are nothing at all.

"Yeah, pretty much. Well, go on and have a good rest of your day."

"Um, thanks! You too." He replies, glad to have dodged a bullet. It certainly would be bad if he had accidentally caused a misunderstanding there.