Chapter 26: Home Race

Jacqie was beyond grateful as she could watch Seb's home race for the first time. For 2011 season, the German GP race would be held at Nürburgring. On his home race, he never won. His highest result was P2, in 2009.

She went to Germany with her parents and also Elisa. Vania couldn't join them because her little sister was unwell. So, it would be better if she stayed at her family's house.

In England, Seb said that his parents would watch the race too. He was very happy because his parents always attended the German GP, wherever the race was held, whether at Nürburgring or Hockenheimring.

---

From Indonesia, they had a flight to Cologne Bonn airport. They needed approximately 14 hours to get there, and they also needed one and half an hour to come to Nürburg by train.

Seb had told her about the hotel where he stayed at and he also asked her to stay at the same hotel. But she didn't want him to reserve the rooms, which he agreed. They arrived at about 6 p.m.. After they reserved their rooms, Jacqie and Elisa went to their room, and their parents went to theirs as well.

In her room, Jacqie phoned Seb. She told him that she had been at the hotel. She knew that he was at the circuit, but she hoped that she didn't disturb him.

"Hi, Jacqie."

"Hi, Seb. Do I disturb you?"

"Of course no. I've just finished the briefing with my team."

"So glad to hear that."

She heard him laugh a little. "Are you at the hotel now?"

"Yes, I am. We've just arrived."

"I'm sure that you're tired now."

"A bit," she chuckled. "When will you come back to the hotel?"

"At 8, I think. Oh yeah, my parents are at the hotel as well. What if we have dinner there together?"

"Okay. When?"

"At 9, maybe. I want to take a bath first, and then I'll bring my parents there."

"Hmm, okay."

"Don't forget to tell your parents too, okay?"

"Of course, Mr. Vettel!"

"See you there, Ms. van Thompson!"

She laughed. "See you!"

After she put the phone on the nightstand, Elisa went out from the bathroom. She asked her about the conversation between Seb and herself.

"Jacqie, I heard that you talked to Seb on the phone."

She nodded at her. "Yes, you're right."

"What is he doing now?"

"He has just finished the briefing, and... I don't know what he's gonna do afterwards. But he said he is going to come back at 8."

"Hmm, okay."

"And he also invites us to have dinner at a restaurant here," she told her.

"When?"

"At about 9. We should tell our parents."

"Okay. You can take a bath first. Then, change your clothes. After that we can go to their room."

"Alright."

Then, Jacqie took a bath. It made her feel so fresh. After that, they changed their clothes, and finally went to their parents' room. They waited there until the time they were going to meet Seb and his parents came.