Chapter 9: Runner-Up

F1 Japanese GP was the last race that Jacqie watched live from the circuit in 2009. So, that was the last time she met Seb. But, she planned to watch some races again on the following year.

Seb was a world champion's candidate in 2009 alongside Jenson Button from Brawn GP. At Brazilian GP, Jenson finally got his first title. The point gap between Seb and Jenson was 15 points before the final race.

It meant that Seb had no chance anymore to get the title. Sad, but Jacqie thought that he was still very young and he still had so many chances to get the title on the following seasons.

---

Jacqie was very excited to watch the inaugural Abu Dhabi GP race. The circuit looked very beautiful. She had browsed it on internet. She really hoped that she could watch the race there someday.

On race day, to be exact the final race of the season, she really looked forward to watch it. So, she watched the race with Vania on television.

"Jacqie! Hurry up! We are going to watch F1," Vania shouted, calling Jacqie who was still in her bedroom.

"Okay Vania, just wait and give me 10 more minutes."

After Jacqie finished the thing that she did, she walked to the living room and sat down on sofa beside Vania. She then asked her about the qualifying on the previous day.

"Jacqie, what about the qualifying result yesterday?"

"Lewis Hamilton got pole, while Sebastian will start next to him from P2," Jacqie explained her.

"Oh that's great! Seb will win that!" she said surely.

"I hope so, I hope he wins the race and secures the runner-up position."

Vania frowned. "Runner-up? On his first season with Red Bull Racing?"

Jacqie nodded and said, "Correct!"

"He's so talented. He adapts with his new team very fast."

"Yeah, nothing is impossible, maybe he will win the title next year," she hoped.

Vania was still stunned with her explanation. "That will be great, Jacqie. Next year he will be 23, right?"

"Yes, very young age."

Vania nodded, "I will pray for him to win the title." Then, she focused to the screen which showed the scenery around the circuit. "Hmm Jacqie, can you bring me to Yas Marina? The circuit is very beautiful."

Jacqie was thinking for a few moments before she said, "I also want to go there. I wanna know Abu Dhabi as a whole. Maybe next year?" she winked at her.

Vania was surprised, once again. "Really? Yes! Thanks a lot, my lovely sister. I will save my money!" She then hugged her tightly.

"With pleasure, my lil sister," I closed the conversation as the race was about to start.

Then the race began. Lewis led the race from the start. Seb was very close behind him. For some laps, Lewis was comfortable with his position.

All of a sudden, Lewis had a problem with his right-rear brake on lap 16, so from lap 17 Seb led the race. He led until the race finished.

Seb won again. He was about 17 seconds ahead of his teammate. He also secured runner-up position on the drivers' standing. His age was only 22 years old, so he made a new record.

Jacqie was very happy with the result, so she texted an e-mail message for him right after the podium session finished.

Congrats, Seb! You win the inaugural race at Abu Dhabi GP, that's fantastic! You really deserve it! When I watched the race with Vania, I saw that the circuit is very beautiful. I must save my money for the Abu Dhabi GP ticket next year. Once again, congrats and enjoy your winter break! :)