Chapter 28: A Delayed Title

Two weeks after the Italian GP, there was Singapore GP race. Seb wanted Jacqie to go there as Singapore was so close to her country, Indonesia.

In 2010, she also went there and Seb finished on P2 at the time. He never won there, but she was so sure that he would try to win at Marina Bay circuit for the first time.

She always felt amazed with Singapore. It was a small country, smaller than Indonesia and Malaysia, but it had become one of the developed countries in the world.

And Singapore GP would always be one of her favourite Grands Prix. The race was held on a street circuit and also in the night.

After she got her class on Thursday morning, she went to her house first. There, she checked all the things that she would bring to Singapore.

"Hi, mom! You've been here," she said after kissed her hand. That was a habit in her country. Kissing parents' hands or also to someone older meant that the person respected them.

"Yes, dear. Your dad is in the bathroom now."

"Hmm, okay. I'll bring my suitcase from my bedroom."

"Jacqie, have you prepared all?"

"Yes, I've prepared it. What about you?"

"I've prepared mine too."

"Good. Seb will be very happy. He can see you and dad again in Singapore, mom."

"Me too. To be honest, I can accompany you to watch the race anytime and anywhere, dear. But you know that sometimes, your dad is very busy, so he can't leave his task at his office."

"I know, mom. Thankfully dad doesn't have so many tasks this week."

When she was talking with Martha in the living room, Sebastiaan appeared from the bathroom. "And because of that, I can join you to come to Singapore."

"Oh, hi, dad! Good morning!"

She kissed his hand and gave a quick hug for him. He stroked her back just before he released the hug. "Morning, Jacqie! How's your study?"

"So smoothly, as usual."

"Very good. To be honest, I really want to see Seb win again in front of me. Last time I saw him win the race at the Turkish GP, right?"

"That's right, on your wedding anniversary, dad," Elisa who was also there laughed.

"Of course I won't forget that, Elisa. By the way, we have a flight at 1, which is still in 2 hours. What if we go to the airport now? So we can have lunch first."

"I agree with you, dad."

"Good idea. Let's go!"

They took their suitcases and went to the airport by using taxi. During their stay in Singapore, Sebastiaan parked his car at Jacqie and Elisa's house.

When they arrived at the airport, they found a restaurant there, so they could have lunch at the restaurant. Half an hour later, all of them sat on the waiting chair, as they were waiting for their flight.

But while they were waiting, Jacqie saw two reporters approaching her. She thought that they were going to interview her. She hoped that they didn't ask too many questions about her relationship with Seb.

"Hello, Jacqueline! I'm Valerie. Can we do an interview with you for some minutes, please?" the female reporter asked.

"Hi! Hmm, okay, but where are you from?"

"We are from one of motorsport magazines' editorial staff in Indonesia, Otomotif. It's nice to meet Sebastian Vettel's girlfriend here."

"Nice to meet you too. I hope that you don't give me privates question," she joked, which made them chuckle.