Chapter 1: Love at First Sight

Jacqueline Ivory van Thompson was an Indonesian-Dutch girl. She was born in Amsterdam, which was her father's hometown. She had one sister who was only about 14 months older than her.

She was a girl who liked to watch motorsport. She liked Formula 1 and MotoGP. She was a Formula 1 fan since she was child. She knew the sport from her father. He was a fan of Michael Schumacher, one of the greatest F1 legends.

Year 2008, Jacqie moved to her mother's home country, Indonesia, as she wanted to study at University of Indonesia. She chose law faculty because she liked to study about law since she was in high school. She had also joined some debate competitions.

A week before she studied there, her father, Sebastiaan, brought her to Italy, also with her mother, Martha. Sebastiaan brought Martha and Jacqie to have a vacation there.

Her only sister, Elisa, was living in Amsterdam with their grandparents and studying at Universiteit van Amsterdam so she couldn't join them. She was going to live in Indonesia after she finished her study in 2010.

---

In Italy, Jacqie and her parents didn't only visit some nice places there, but they also watched F1 Italian GP at Monza circuit.

Sebastian Vettel, a German young driver from Scuderia Toro Rosso won that race. That was a big surprise for all audiences there, including Jacqie.

Jacqie didn't know him before. She just knew some names from Formula 1, especially for the drivers who had won the WDC title such as Schumacher, Alonso, Räikkönen, and others. She also didn't have a favourite driver there, because there were so many great drivers.

An hour after the race, Jacqie was about to go back to the hotel with her parents. But before she went out from the circuit, Jacqie accidentally saw Seb who was talking with someone whom she believed was a member of his team.

Surprisingly, Seb glanced and looked at her as well. He gave her a little smile. She replied him with a smile too.

Jacqie was very surprised. For the first time in her life that a famous person, a Formula 1 driver, gave her a smile. And she believed that her face flushed at the time. She was hoping that Seb didn't see that.

When Jacqie had been far from the place where she saw him, she stopped for a moment and called her parents. "Mom! Dad! That's Sebastian Vettel! He smiled at me!" she said excitedly.

Sebastiaan looked at her. From his gaze, she could guess that he was surprised. "Really? I think that guy is a very friendly person," he said.

"He is cute, right?" her mother added. "Maybe he likes you, Jacqie." Jacqie believed that she was teasing her.

"What? Why can you say like that, mom?" Jacqie asked her with a confused look. She couldn't believe with what she had just heard from her mother's mouth.

Martha smiled, "I saw him when he smiled at you. His way to look at you is... different. Maybe this is love at first sight, Jacqie," she told her so.

"Oh mom, for now I don't want to think about having a boyfriend just yet. I want to focus on my study first," Jacqie said surely. She thought that she had told them about that many times.

"You're 18 now, Jacqie. Elisa has a boyfriend too," she replied. Martha was right, Elisa had a boyfriend.

Sometimes, Jacqie and Elisa had different thoughts. Jacqie decided not to have a boyfriend at the moment, while Elisa preferred to have someone close to her.

"I know mom, but-"

Jacqie was about to reply before Martha cut her off. "It's up to you, dear. I actually support you if someday you have a relationship with him, because as dad said, looks like he's a friendly and kind person," her mother said it confidently.

Jacqie wondered why her mother was so confident that she would know Seb someday and even made a relationship with him. "Mom, I don't know him. And he doesn't even know me," she disputed her once again.

"I think one day he will know you, Jacqie," Martha said, smiling at her youngest daughter. Jacqie didn't answer as she didn't want to debate with her for longer.

When Jacqie looked at her father, he just shrugged and smiled. Jacqie knew that her father wasn't as talkative as her mother when talking about relationship.

Jacqie was thinking back to the moment Seb smiled at her. She didn't understand why he gave a smile to someone who he didn't even know. She thought that he was probably a friendly and humble person. He probably always did that to all people who had met him.

Jacqie was also thinking about his performance on that race. He was really, really good. He was driving well on wet race. She thought that he could be a champion in Formula 1.

Seb had made her curious. One day, she would find some informations about him, such as his career before he entered F1, and how he could enter that sport.

But all of a sudden, her mind went back to the love at first sight words, which was said by Martha. Is that possible if he likes or even loves me, although we just met once?

Author's note: Hi! So, this is my first fanfiction I've ever made. I know, maybe this first chapter is too short. But this is only the beginning. If you like this story, you can give it a vote. Thanks!