Chapter 12: Feeling Down

Sebastian couldn't stop thinking about what he had done in Turkey. He felt that he was fool. After he watched the video of his collision with Mark, he realized that it was completely his fault.

His team had a chance to bring 43 points from Turkish GP. But, because of the crash, the team only got 15 points from Mark.

After the incident, many people blamed him. Some of F1 legends also criticized him. He saw it on TV and newspaper. Many people doubted his talent.

Seb really hoped that his fans, family, and friends still believed in him, especially Jacqie. He hoped that she would always support him in good and bad times, through thick and thin.

---

As there was no F1 schedule, so Seb had some free time and did everything at his house. He decided to chat with Jacqie on the messenger.

Seb - Hi Jacqie! How are you? Am I disturbing you?

Jacqie - Hey Seb! I'm great thanks, what about you? Of course not. I'm on holiday now!

Seb - Not bad, thanks. Oh really? Do you have a plan to go somewhere?

Jacqie - Yeah, I have a plan to go to England, of course to meet my family and watch F1 race :D

Seb - That's great! By the way, when will Elisa come to Indonesia?

Jacqie - Elisa will come and live in Indonesia after the British GP. I really can't wait to live with her again.

Seb - Yeah, I know what your feeling is when you separate with your lovely sister. Jacqie, I want to say sorry.

Jacqie - Sorry? For what?

Seb - About my fault at Turkish GP.

Jacqie - Seb, why are you still talking about that? Please don't blame yourself. I think I've said it to you.

Seb - But do you know? I get a lot of criticism from F1 fans and even F1 legends.

Jacqie - I know it. I read it on internet. To be honest, I don't like the criticism they made. It's too harsh, it doesn't motivate you.

Seb - Yeah, but I'll try to accept that.

Jacqie - Don't be feeling down, Seb. I'm so sure about your talent. I never doubt it. You still have so much time to prove it :)

Seb - I hope I can do that. Thanks for the support.

Jacqie - With pleasure. I really don't like their criticism. They said that you are a crash kid, you don't have enough experience, you are a trouble maker, bla bla bla... Don't hear what they said!

Seb - Okay, I hope I can take some positive things from those criticism. Hmm by the way, my birthday is in two weeks, can you come to my home?

Jacqie - Yup you can learn from that. Really? Do you invite me to come to your house?

Seb - Yes, Jacqie. So, you can come to my home and after that you can go to England together with me.

Jacqie - I'd love to go there! But I should talk about this to my parents first :D

Seb - Okay. You can also bring Vania. I will pick you up at Zurich Airport.

Jacqie - Hmm okay. I'll inform you later if my parents agree to go there :)

Seb - Okay, I will be waiting for the info. Maybe that's enough for today. I want to go jogging now. Have a nice day! :)

Jacqie - Okay Seb, bye-bye! And don't forget, don't be feeling down! Have a nice day for you too :D

Don't be feeling down. What Jacqie had said meant a lot to him. She always supported him. He was sure that he would be even stronger and better than before.

And the most important thing was that she was excited with his invitation to come to his house, because he really wanted to celebrate it with her and also her family.

As his family would be in Switzerland as well, Seb would introduce them to Jacqie's family.

---

Jacqie felt so sorry for Seb. Some F1 fans blamed him because of the crash at Turkish GP. She knew that it was Seb's fault, but she was convinced that he could learn from his mistake.

But Jacqie would never doubt on his great talent. His first win at a very young age, 21 years old, proved that he had great performance and talent.

She actually didn't like with everything that people said about Seb. Just because of one accident, they could doubt him. She would never agree with them.

Jacqie was completely surprised that Seb invited her, also with her parents and Vania, to come to his house in Switzerland on his birthday. She thought that she had to buy something for him as a gift.

When Jacqie re-read his e-mails, Vania called her. "Hi Jacqie! Are you chatting with Seb?"

Jacqie nodded. "Umm yes. Do you know? He invites us to go to his house on his birthday!"

Vania seemed startled. "What? Are you sure? We will go to Switzerland?"

"100 percent correct!"

She suddenly jumped for joy. "Oh my God! We are going to see a Formula 1 driver's house! I'm sure that his house is very big."

Jacqie laughed a little and said, "Yeah I think so."

"And besides that, what did he say to you?"

Jacqie suddenly looked sad. "He... He explained about the criticism he got from some people."

She then guessed it correctly. "Because of the accident at Turkish GP? Oh my goodness, I feel so sorry for him."

"Well I think he's feeling down. Because those criticism are too harsh for him."

Vania sat next to Jacqie and embraced her shoulder. "I understand that. Jacqie, please don't stop supporting him. I'm sure that he really needs the supports from his family, friends, and fans right now."

Jacqie agreed. "Yes, you're right, Vania."

"By the way, will you give something for him on his birthday?" she changed the topic.

"Of course I will, because he invites us to go there. But I don't know. What kind of thing that I can give to him? I'm so sure that all of his things are expensive, and my gift is cheaper obviously."

Vania patted her back. "Hey Jacqie! He's a humble guy, you know. He won't see the thing from the price. I believe that he doesn't care whether the gift he gets is cheap or expensive."

"Yeah but I feel embarrassed if the gift looks too cheap for him."

"Okay, tomorrow we can go to a mall, we will find something for him. I'll help you to find it," Vania offered help.

Jacqie's eyes sparkled after hearing her offer. "Really? Thank you so much, dear."

"With pleasure, chubby girl." She pinched her cheeks immediately. Jacqie was sure that Vania successfully made her cheeks redden.

"Hey Vania!"

"Haha, sorry Jacqie," she laughed innocently.

Vania promised that she would help Jacqie to find something for Seb. On next day Vania and Jacqie went to buy a gift for him, and then Jacqie went to her parents' house to tell them that Seb invited them all to go to his house in Switzerland on his birthday.

Then, they finally decided to go there on 2nd July. They would buy the flight tickets for the morning departure. Jacqie would definitely tell Seb about that.