Chapter 19: World Champion

Abu Dhabi GP was the final race of the season. There were four drivers who were still possible to win the world champion's title. On the drivers standing, Seb was on 3rd place, but he still had a chance to win the title.

Jacqie brought her own family to go to Abu Dhabi. She was thinking that it would be great if Seb won the title in front of her parents.

"Jacqie, are you looking forward for the race this week?" Sebastiaan asked his daughter on the way to their plane.

"Of course, dad. Hopefully Seb can win the race and also the title," she smiled, imagining if Seb won the title for the first time.

He told her very optimistically, "I hope so. Don't worry, dear. He has an amazing talent. He also has a great, fast, and competitive car."

"Yes, dad, but Fernando will also do his best to get his third title this year."

"We are going to see that on Sunday, Jacqie," he said while patting her on the back.

He was right, Seb had a great car. But Jacqie felt that she had to believe in Seb and support him, no matter what would happen.

Jacqie with her family and also Vania were going to stay at Al Diar Hotel while they were in Abu Dhabi, which was about 35 minutes from the airport.

---

First practice session went very well. Seb was the quickest, ahead of Lewis and Jenson. He was about six tenth seconds faster than Lewis. The practice session itself was held on dry condition.

Yas Marina circuit was one of Seb's favourite circuit. In 2009, which was the inaugural race of Abu Dhabi GP, he won it and he was awarded a Mercedes road car right after.

Jacqie had told Seb that she would come to Abu Dhabi on that day. So when he was taking a rest, he sent a message to her.

He waited for some minutes but there was no reply from her. Then, he called her, but she didn't pick up the phone. He didn't know why. He thought that she was probably sleeping at her hotel.

After that, Seb put his phone in his bag and came back to the garage from his private room. He discussed with Rocky about the car's set-up for second practice.

When he was talking with him, suddenly his eyes were closed by someone's hands. Then he took those hands and turned his body.

"Surprise!"

"Oh God! Jacqie, here you are!"

She grinned. "Yes, I'm here! I'm sorry that I didn't reply your message."

"No problem. I thought that you were sleeping."

Seb hugged her tightly. Seemed like he forgot that Rocky was there with them. When he heard him cough, which he believed was a fake cough, he pulled away from his girlfriend. The two of them smiled sheepishly.

"That's so cute, Seb," Rocky teased Seb.

"I'm sorry, mate."

"I believe that you miss her so much. I will leave you two now. We'll speak again later."

"Okay. Thanks, Rocky," Seb thanked him.

"Don't say that. Bye, Jacqie!"

"Bye, Rocky!"

Rocky walked away from them and then Seb brought Jacqie to his room to avoid the cameras capturing their moment.

"Jacqie, do you come here alone?" Seb asked as Jacqie arrived there without bringing the others.

"Yes, my family are in the hotel now."

"I see. By the way, what do you think about Yas Marina?" he asked her as it was the first time for her to come to the circuit.