⇨︎ cнapтer тen ; pracтιce

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

LATER ON IN 1521 AD - TENOCHTITLAN

Something in Y/n's mind begged her to practice her power. A single bracelet had suppressed all the built-up and unused strength, and ever since the piece of jewelry connected with her skin, she wondered what would happen if she studied the power even further.

Would she lose control and never be her old self? Would she get over her fear of it? Repetitious unexplored enigmas bothered her as the breeze whisked against her body, resulting in goosebumps appearing randomly.

Brain cluttered with concepts, she sat in a towering tree away from the humans Druig had control over, enjoying the abundant fragrance circulating off its branches and leaves. Potential scenarios penetrated her mind as she over-thought, fiddling with the bracelet she had been wearing for years. If there's anything she wanted to do, it would be to remove it, to demolish the sign of weakness that had ridiculed her for what seemed to be forever.

"Darling?" Druig called out, wandering the woods as his eyes bounced around from tree to tree to find his wife. It was no secret that Y/n savored gliding into the trees to examine the twilights, stars, and distinctive shaded skies. She had even presented them to Druig several times. "I know you're up there!"

"No, I'm not," she answered with a mischievous smirk, turning invisible and flying down to stand beside her husband. Startlingly, Druig whirled around and fastened his arms around her waist, gently pinning her down to the soft, prickly grass. Laughs emitted from their lips as she became visible again, knowing who had won their messed up version of hide-and-seek.

"I win," Druig mumbled as he maintained his body on top of hers. "Sneaking up on me to scare me used to work. Not anymore, darling."

"Damn you, Druig." she pouted, connecting her hand with his cheek before attaching their lips. Druig didn't delay to reciprocate the action as their mouths shifted, having done this numerous times before. Using their kiss as a diversion, Y/n made a vine surface from the ground, causing it to snake around Druig's ankle and hold him upside down in the air, a faltering shriek fleeing past his lips.

"Hilarious," he said, pretending to be irritated, though his wife's uncontrollable giggles made it impossible for him to not grin along with her.

"It is extremely funny," Y/n teased, elevating herself off the ground and circling around the captured eternal with a smirk. "Let me win or I will drop you."

"No way. Don't be a sore loser, Y/n." Druig chuckled. Without even having to move her hand, Y/n made the vine lift Druig higher so his face was inches away from hers.

"But if I let you win, you will never shut up about it," she stated as Druig looked at her dreamily.

"Will you put me down for a kiss?" Druig negotiated.

"That doesn't sound too bad," she murmured teasingly.

"Do we have a deal?" he asked, smirking.

"I guess." she groaned jokingly, rolling her eyes. Once again, their lips united, although Druig was still upside down. Separating their lips, Y/n dropped Druig onto his back slightly unevenly with a playful smile, making him groan at the deception.

"Did you need to throw me on the ground that hard?" he asked.

Y/n retorted, "You didn't specify how, my love."

"You're evil," he lied, getting off the ground.

"But you love me." Y/n smiled, knowing completely well her statement was true.

"I guess," Druig said jokingly before the couple shared another kiss, treasuring the time they had together. Normally, for humans, couples grew old together and soon died, but since they were immortal, they intended to make every day exceptional and appreciate the forthcoming eternities they would soon experience.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Both of them settled in their bed, listening to each other's hearts pound in unison. While Y/n was distracted, Druig sensed the troubling questions plaguing Y/n's mind.

"What's wrong?" Druig asked. "Don't even try lying because I know you are thinking of trying to."

"Screw you for knowing me so well," Y/n mumbled. "I don't know. I was just wondering if you would support the idea of me practicing my powers without the bracelet once in a while."

"I knew it," he replied. "Darling, even though I believe it's sort of a risky idea, I will support you. I promised I would always bring you back and I intend to keep that promise. Plus, I know how much you hate that bracelet and I want you to feel confident in yourself."

"Thank you, Druig." she thanked, grinning.

"No problem, darling. We can practice in the forest so we won't hurt the humans, and I will bring you back every time, alright?" Druig suggested.

"Okay, but what if I hurt you?" Y/n asked, worrying about the possibility of wounding Druig.

"You won't. I promise." Druig said, dwindling the anxieties that tormented her subconscious.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Progressively, Y/n and Druig practiced and practiced her powers in the forest, and, as predicted, there were some hindrances. Sometimes, the power would win, but Druig brought her back, and he kept his promise. Somehow, Y/n stopped herself from hurting Druig each time, indicating that in some ways, she was stronger than her strange ability. Over time, she had grown to learn and gain more of her power, fearing it less. Though she never took off the bracelet just in case; instead of looking at it with repugnance, she now viewed it as a shield from her private mind and less of a nuisance, and Druig was unconditionally proud of her.

Both of them remained oblivious to how much the practice would help them in the future.

[I STOLE MY PHONE BACK MWHAHAHA AND THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING! SORRY FOR ALL THE ERRORS AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! BE SAFE, MY LOVES!]