⇨︎ cнapтer ѕιхтeen ; тroυвleѕoмe

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - IRAQ

Betrayal is such a troublesome thing this world possesses. People use it as a way to get what they desire, revolving around gluttony and so-called required sacrifice. Ordinarily, some people can't even see it coming because who would assume one of their dearest companions to execute such exploits of greed.

Unfortunately, that was the case with the Eternals, a group of immortal beings who trusted each other with their lives. Moderately concentrated, everyone's eyes were directed to Phastos.

According to the ingenious eternal, if he could discover a way to centralize everyone's powers to one person, it would establish the uni-mind. Phastos' incredible invention, despite how boring it looked, was multiple bracelets that were meant to bind each team member's power. Not everyone agreed with the name, claiming it was utterly ridiculous, but since Phastos was the one who designed it, he was remarkably adamant on the name he suggested.

Considering the uni-mind would take time to finalize, Y/n decided she had other things to fret about. Would Druig be able to take over the celestial's mentality? What would happen to him if he couldn't? What happens if their complicated plan didn't operate like they desperately needed it to? There were so many unanswered questions, yet so little time to find out to find out the answers. In an attempt to empty her overfilled mind, she departed outside, hoping the sunny climate around her would furnish some consolation.

Noticing her absence on the Domo, Druig crimped his brows in perplexity and darted outside, remembering his wife would most likely seek comfort shrouded by the Earth's elements. As anticipated, his wife sat on the sand, fidgeting with the bracelet Phastos had produced so many years before. Random red-hued blossoms surrounded her, which she created due to her boredom.

"Darling, what's wrong?" Druig asked, plopping next to her without damaging the flower's petals.

"Nothing." she lied, developing more flowers on the tough gravel.

"You really think I can't tell when you're lying?" Druig questioned, chuckling.

"I guess there are some downfalls when you're married to someone for so many years." Y/n joked, skimming her fingertips against the flower's stems.

"Come on, Y/n. What's going on in that gorgeous mind of yours?" he asked, earning a smile from his wife.

"I'm worried about you," Y/n answered sincerely. "I always am. What if I lose you while we try to save the world? What if we don't succeed? And on top of all that, I keep sensing this guilty mood around me, and I have been feeling it since the group entered our home. I thought I was just the deviants' aura swaying around me, but I don't think it's that anymore."