⇨︎ cнapтer тнιrтeen ; pнaѕтoѕ

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - THE AMAZON

Sunrise seemed to arrive slower than usual as the team languished over the death of their friend, some more than others.

Once the sun peeked through the clouds obscuring it, Thena approached the creek near the married couple's home. Inside her hands was an urn, one that Gilgamesh and Y/n invented together, crammed with his ashes. Shimmering, the lake shined the daylight's rays and exhibited Thena's reflection as she gradually went into deeper waters.

Even though Y/n wanted to accompany Thena into the lake, she knew Thena saw the responsibility as something she preferred to do herself, and Y/n completely understood that. To still support her sister, she lingered on the coast as a way to prove to Thena she was there for her, no matter what.

Birds chirped happily as they scattered into the atmosphere or the hedges, which slightly annoyed Y/n, considering the event taking place. Nothing about this morning was cheerful. Typically, she would wake up in Druig's arms with enthusiasm to initiate another day. This morning was full of desperation and pain, pure tormenting pain.

Meanwhile, Druig also mourned the death of his friend, but he was also worried about his spouse and her abilities. How she managed to make a statue out of a deviant was still unanswered. Why the bracelet slightly cracked was another unanswered concern, and it only bothered him more with each passing minute.

From afar, Druig and Sersi watched as Thena hugged the urn closer to her, almost as if she were afraid to let it go. The water went up to her knees and sent goosebumps onto her skin. Sersi and Druig glanced at Y/n, who was making sure Thena was alright. If there were some things they idolized about Y/n the most, it would be her understanding of others and her ability to see the good in people; it was some of the reasons Druig fell in love with her and still was to this day.

"Did you know I thought about taking over the minds of every human on this planet?" Druig asked Sersi as he observed Thena gently distribute Gilgamesh's ashes into the water. "Violence, fear, and greed could have been erased from this world."

"Why didn't you?" Sersi asked, genuinely curious.

"Her," Druig explained, pointing to his wife, who was cultivating Gilgamesh's favorite blossoms and letting them float on the water. "She makes me a better individual, and she made me understand that without their flaws, they wouldn't be human." Admiring the love Druig held for Y/n, Sersi smiled.

"Druig, we need you and Y/n. Both of you can't stay here anymore. These deviants are trying to stop us from killing their own kind. They have a conscience now and it makes them more dangerous. Y/n isn't safe. Those things will come after her too." Sersi said, feeling bad for using his wife against him. "If you want to keep her safe, help us."

"Wow, didn't think you had it in you to use my wife against me, Sersi," he mumbled, looking down at the dirt. "You realize you are asking me to take control of the mind of a celestial, right? I do not have that kind of power."

"What about Y/n? I saw her turn the deviant into stone. What if-" Sersi asked before being cut off.

"I don't want her getting hurt." Druig interrupted, refusing to let his wife be in danger. "I will try, but I will need help."

Sersi smiled, "We'll need Phastos."

"Good luck. He gave up on humans a long time ago." Druig informed. "But if you want better chances at convincing him, I suggest you bring Y/n along with you. He has a soft spot for her. He can rarely say no."

"Neither can you." Sersi teased as Druig noticed Thena vacate the lake and embrace Y/n in a hug, and his wife rubbed circles onto Thena's back comfortingly.

"You're right. I can rarely say no." Druig chuckled lightly.

PRESENT DAY - CHICAGO

Unlike the other Eternals, Phastos started a family, and he absolutely adored them. As he repaired his kid's bicycle inside his open garage, he watched as his son and husband played football together, beaming. Despite the many complications he had with discovering the good in humanity, he was fortunate and found it, and it was thanks to Y/n. She had motivated him to give humans another chance, to experience new things, and he did. It was how he found the love of his life.

Y/n visited regularly and had a close friendship with his son and husband, but when she arrived in his front yard with Ikaris, Sersi, and Druig, it surprised him more than he would like to admit.

"Aunt Y/n!" Phastos' son shouted, already scrambling to hug his favorite aunt and tell her stories about his school.

"Ah, how's my favorite nephew?" Y/n laughed, draping her arms around the boy protectively as Ben waved at Y/n. Smiling, Y/n greeted Ben, Phastos' husband, after letting go of her nephew.

"You know he's your only nephew, right?" Ben questioned, throwing the football at her, which she caught with ease.

"He doesn't need to know, Ben!" Y/n whispered-shouted, returning the football.

"Who are they?" Ben asked, after chuckling.

"Um, these are his friends from college." Y/n lied, and Ben loaned her a knowing expression. Believing he shouldn't hide anything from Ben, Phastos had educated him about the Eternals from start to finish, and it only strengthened their relationship.

"Is this the Druig she always talks about?" Y/n's nephew asked, making Druig smirk confidently.

"She talks about me?" Druig asked, nudging Y/n lightly as a car drove by.

"Well, I won't anymore if you keep looking at me like that." she threatened, giggling.

"This is Druig, Sylvia, and Isaac." Phastos interrupted, creating fake names for the ex-couple instantly, but his kid saw through that lie just as fast.

"No, that's Superman! He was on TV and shooting laser beams out of his eyes in London. He wore a cape and fought a monster!" the kid rambled, grinning with fascination streaming through him.

"I don't wear a cape," Ikaris whispered while Phastos tried to deny his son's claim.

"Okay! That's enough! Let's go inside, Clark." Phastos sighed, directing Sersi and Ikaris to his home as Ben followed. The two dads knew their son would be safe with Y/n. Unsurprisingly, she would protect him with her life.

"You've called me worse," Ikaris remarked as the adults entered, leaving the married couple and kid alone.

"Can I have a piggyback ride?" Phastos' son asked, holding back his tendency to jump up and down in eagerness.

"Sure, little one. Would you like me to fly when I'm sure your dads aren't watching?" she whispered with a smile.

"Yeah!" the son exclaimed as Druig suppressed a grin at the interaction.

"You better hang on, kid," Y/n advised before letting the kid leap onto her back and fly slightly off the ground, slowly approaching the house. Of course, before her feet disconnected from the ground, she made sure no one saw her (except for Druig).

Captivated, the kid cheered as he clutched close onto his aunt's back, and Druig admired their connection. Abruptly, his heart fluttered at the sight of Y/n and Phastos' kid. The way her eyes lightened with contentment, the delighted smile that made her eyes crinkle slightly, and everything about her utterly mesmerized Druig.

'No wonder I can't say no to her.' he thought to himself as Y/n whirled the air around him, allowing him to float beside her.

God, he was absolutely in love with her.

[SORRY FOR THE ERRORS, AND WHAT IS THE KID'S NAME AGAIN?? I FORGOT- THANK YOU FOR READING, LOVES!]