⇨︎ cнapтer eleven ; newѕ

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - THE AMAZON

Peacefully, the humans worked in the Amazon, never having any sort of conflict thanks to being under Druig's control. However, Y/n didn't one hundred percent like the way they conserved their serenity; she still thought it was better than having them fight each other to death. Humans were like that, petty and violent. But Druig and Y/n understood it was what made them human, and they have caught a glimpse of enough compassion to know they were capable of love and so much more.

The married couple still dwelled among them in the forest, and the life they had adapted to couldn't be better. Maintaining her promise, Y/n visited her disconnected family throughout the years constantly while Druig preferred to stay behind, keeping the humans protected. He didn't mind that his wife visited regularly, considering he knew she could make her own decisions and understood the pure sentiments she still felt for her family. About two weeks ago, she had visited Thena and Gilgamesh before returning to the Amazon. She just wasn't aware that she would see most of them so soon.

Both of them were talking to each other when Y/n froze, trying to decipher the unknown sensation wafting towards them.

"They are on their way here," she murmured.

Instantly deducing who she was talking about, Druig held out his hand for her to grab. "Let's not keep them waiting, shall we?" She smiled at the gesture, taking his hand to start waiting for her family to arrive.

Silently, some of the Eternals crunched the ground's twigs as they roamed the forest, searching for Y/n and Druig. Promptly, they found structures and the humans working diligently without issues. "Nice" was the word Kingo's friend called the small community, but the other Eternals knew what made it so nice. When Sprite asked one of the humans where the married couple could be found, the mortal's eyes turned gold and he spoke.

"Hello, Sprite." the mortal announced, who was being commanded by Druig to make the declaration. "Y/n says hi by the way. She's ecstatic to hear from you."

Revealing his presence with Y/n by his side, the primary structure's door creaked open, and they stepped out to greet their guests. All the humans turned to face the couple, now motionless.

"I've missed all of you," Druig commented as Y/n waved her hand eagerly, smiling.

"Is that why you never visited with Y/n?" Sprite retorted, noticing how different the husband and wife were in greeting them. Their differences never stopped them from having a strong relationship. It was something Sprite truly envied.

Druig smirked, ignoring Sprite's unnecessary remark. "Please, make yourselves at home," he said, ignorant of the news he and his wife would be receiving.