⇨︎ cнapтer nιneтeen ; eмвrace

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - EMERGENCE SITE

Embracing certain parts of your personality can intimidate people, diverging away from the trail full of foreign puzzles and ventures to determine who they genuinely are. It can prevent individuals from reaching their maximum potential, but now, Y/n refused to continue being afraid of the unexplored.

Rapidly, the ebony-shaded power electrified each inch of Y/n's body as the familiar coloring stretched across her irises, camouflaging her usual enthusiastic eyes. Returning to her family's side, they recognized how much control she sustained over the power, consolidating their spirits.

"Phastos, keep Ikaris busy. Make sure he is still here when I come back." Y/n demanded. "I want to kill him myself."

"With pleasure." Phastos smiled, proud that his friend no longer felt dictated by her capabilities. "Thank you, Y/n."

Providing her friend a half-hearted smile, she murmured, "Druig would want Ikaris' plan to fail. Plus, humans don't deserve this. Jack deserves a life. I'm happy to do this."

"Don't die," Phastos advised.

"I'll try not to." Y/n sighed. Turning invisible to keep Ikaris from detecting her as she skyrocketed to the emergence's starting point, she dodged the volcano's lava that was erupting in several directions, feeling the heat radiate off it.

Turning visible again, she connected her feet with the rumbling ground, eyes widening as she saw Druig in the distance.

"Druig?" she whispered, extra tears swelling in her eyes. "You're here?" A concoction of alleviation and confusion gleamed off her, inadvertently allowing her affections to distract her from her responsibility. There he was, her husband, standing close enough for her to run up and welcome him into a hug.

"You are not strong enough to do this. You can't do it." Druig disrespected, crossing his arms. Realizing it wasn't actually him, Y/n scoffed, looking down at the ground.

"Wow, using Druig to get what you want, Sprite?" Y/n called out, feeling another immortal's presence lingering in the air. Ruthlessly, a stabbing pain emerged in her abdomen, resulting in Y/n's breath to tremble as the injury amplified. Breathing heavily, she witnessed the apparition of Druig develop into powder as she crumpled onto her knees, clamping her stomach in agony.

"I'm sorry, Y/n." Sprite apologized, lip quivering as her hands shook.

"Why?" Y/n questioned, glimpsing down at the knife's metal penetrating out of her body. "What did I ever do to you?"

"You still don't get it, do you? I have always resented you and Sersi. You guys get to experience things I will never get to. I want to grow old, have kids, and fall in love. Why did Arishem make me like this? Why do you get to marry someone?" Sprite asked, allowing the overwhelming tendencies to take over.

"So, you're mad at Arishem for creating you this way, but you're also helping him get what he wants by letting millions of people perish?" Y/n chuckled, narrowing her black-specked eyes. "That definitely is pathetic."

"Everything will return to normal. On the next planet, we will start something new without the-" Sprite rambled, ignoring Y/n's statement before someone struck her on the back of the head with a rock. Sprite's unconscious body toppled onto the muddy gravel. Vision blurry, Y/n squinted at the enigmatic figure, eyes widening as recognition caused her heart to freeze.

"Well, that was eventful. I thought she'd never shut up." Druig sighed, sending the rock he used to knock out Sprite in an unknown direction. Unsure whether or not Druig was another illusion, Y/n fumbled onto her feet, seething flames in her hands.

"Is it really you?" Y/n questioned seriously. "Honestly, I think you're also mad that your name is the same as a soda, Sprite!"

"Of course it's me, darling," Druig responded, raising his hands up in surrender. "And I also think her anger stems from that too."

"Prove it's you," Y/n said, taking a stride backward.

"Remember how I promised I would always bring you back?" Druig recalled, rendering his wife to diminish the evolving power in her hands.

"Ikaris didn't kill you?" Y/n breathed, a grin of contentment pulling the edges of her lips, ruminating on the unforeseen information.

"You learned to control it." Druig declared proudly, encircling his arms around his wife, accidentally making her silence a wince. "I can't do it, Y/n, but you can."

"What if I won't be able to control it again?" Y/n questioned, grasping onto Druig as pain eroded in each of her limbs.

"Darling, you will." Druig said, keeping his wife close to him. "You are the strongest person I know." After taking a deep breath, she nodded hesitantly, separating herself from Druig to start consuming some of the celestial's power.

In the couple's eyes, it seemed like their plan was working, that no one would try to stop them. Oh, it's remarkable how much Ikaris wanted to prove them wrong.

Manipulating the element of surprise, Ikaris quickly whisked to her and tightened his hands around her neck, damaging her ability to breathe suitably. Ears ringing, her body continued weakening as Druig was blasted away. Holding her body off the ground, Ikaris' eyes saddened, not wanting to go through with what he intended.

"Ikaris, don't even think about it! I will kill you!" Druig shouted, floundering back onto his feet. Below their feet, the terrain changed positions randomly. Surrounding the territory, the ocean crashed onto the seashore, creating gigantic waves as the celestial began emerging.

"It was nice while it lasted, brother." Y/n croaked out, closing her eyes as she stopped clawing at Ikaris' hands. Holding back a smirk, Y/n knew Ikaris wouldn't be able to kill her.

She sensed it.

Eyes streaming with tears, Ikaris faltered, unable to kill his sister. Urgently, Druig continued pleading for Ikaris to stop, continuously being delayed by the drifting land formations. Reluctantly, Ikaris released his grip on her, allowing her to descend onto the swaying surface.

Lustrous outlines enveloped each of the Eternals, except Sprite. Incapable of fulfilling his goal with the asphyxiating shame, Ikaris participated with the uni-mind as it lifted everyone into the air once more. Though, Y/n remained on the floor, distributing her power into the earth.

'Don't fear it, embrace it.' Y/n recited in her head as her mouth emitted a blood-curdling shout, utilizing all the vigor idling inside her. Eventually, the celestial turned to pure stone as the smoke in the air restrained the sun from glistening excessively, but it could only temporarily stop the end of the world.

Deep inside the dense gravel, the celestial aura still lingered, helplessly stuck. Only its fingers peered out of the earth's surface, and there was no doubt that the humans would curiously observe it. Fatigued, her prominent black-hued irises deteriorated as she shut her eyes, sensing her natural eye color return along with the weakness conquering her vessels. Immediately, Druig was by her side, like always, bringing her closer to him.

Shaking her gently, Druig pleaded for her to open her eyes, craving to watch her pupils dilate when she saw him, but he obtained no response. Terror accelerated inside her husband, ravaging his thoughts.

Yes, she temporarily stopped the end of the world, but at what cost?

[SORRY FOR ALL ERRORS! THOUGHTS?]