⇨︎ cнapтer ғιғтeen ; мaĸĸarι

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - IRAQ

As the majority of the team and one human meandered through the desert to locate the Domo and Makkari, the married couple held each other's hands to keep them close to one another. And because Y/n couldn't resist striding too quickly from the enthusiasm swiveling in her veins, almost as if she were a little kid scurrying to see a candy store for the first time in their short lives.

Before the team divided, Makkari and Y/n had too much fun together, pranking everyone. With Makkari's momentum and Y/n's invisibility, they were essentially unconquerable. No one was safe from their pranks, not even Ajak, the commander, who found them quite entertaining.

None of the tricks injured anyone, but now that the two were going to be reunited with people to prank after so many years, the Eternals were worried about what might happen and what the girls might come up with under no supervision. When they eventually reached where Y/n said the Domo would be, the group detected a vast abundance of archaeologists working excessively, uninformed of what they were so close to discovering.

To keep the humans from intervening with their fundamental agenda, Druig took over their minds, possessing them and making them abandon the scene without any objections.

Not desiring to waste any more valuable time than required, Phastos summoned up the Domo from under the ground, provoking the soil to drift in all directions. Each time Y/n would visit, she would wield her power to lift the Domo, and when she was done stopping by, she would arrange the ship back where it was and enclose it with the earth's surface unless Makkari instructed otherwise.

Deeming the others hadn't seen the Domo in ages, they all gazed at it, admiring. The number of memories of the ship carried was uncountable, and the number of flashbacks flickering through everyone's brain was undeniably making them feel as if they were being transmitted to another eternity of their everlasting lives.

After the dust cleared out of the way, everyone entered the Domo with the mortal cameraman, who was entirely flabbergasted by the ship.

"Dreadful atmosphere fills the air. An eerie stillness chokes our lungs." Kingo described to the camera as they ambled down one of the hallways.

Phastos spoke, "What are you doing? You know you are creeping all of us out, right?" Ending the silence in the corridor, Phastos accidentally stepped on a bag of chips Y/n had brought Makkari, making it explode. Startled, Phastos screamed while the others looked down at the floor, catching sight of the bag of chips.

Attempting to brush it off, Phastos chuckled as he picked up the chips. Looking at the camera, he smiled nervously, "Chips. It's just chips." Everyone simply stared at him, strengthening his embarrassment.

Kingo mentioned to the camera, "As you can see, being an Eternal doesn't stop you from having human emotions, such as cowardice." Shortly, they reached the end of the corridor and found Makkari speeding through books, but the chaos inside the Domo shocked them the most.

"I literally just cleaned it up last time I was here!" Y/n grumbled as the others examined the sloppy compartment. Kingo introduced Makkari to the camera, and Makkari looked at it with a smile as she shut her book.

"Is it finally time to go home?" Makkari signed, reclining snugly on a chair. Just by the lack of feedback, Makkari could tell that wasn't the case. Disheartened, she leaned her head against the back of her chair, speculating about what the others could possibly be at the Domo for.

"How the hell did it get so messy, Makkari?" Y/n signed, a look of disapproval settling on her features.

"Y/n!" Makkari signed, speeding over to give the other female Eternal a hug before detaching. "Do you have any more of those delightful cookies?"

"First, tell me how it got so messy here again." Y/n signed, taking a batch of Oreos out of her pocket.

"I got bored." Makkari signed, glancing at the Oreos with impatience.

"Well, I guess that's the best answer I will get. Here." Y/n signed, handing her friend the cookies. Eagerly, Makkari smiled before thanking her and snatching the cookies. "Make sure you spare some for me, Makkari."

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Having not been inside their ship for quite some time, the Eternals inspected the objects cluttering the large area, discovering various things from empty food wrappers to antique blades.

Gripping the handles securely, the married couple crashed their swords together as Makkari waited for someone to win the fake battle. After comprehending the knowledge about their real purpose and the impending end of the world, all she needed was to briefly take her mind off it.

"Ready to lose, darling?" Y/n taunted, using sophisticated movements to gain an advantage over her husband.

"My beautiful, beautiful Y/n, you should know that I never like to lose." Druig responded as he took a stride back, determined not to lose.

"What are we watching? If you're going to flirt, do it after we save the world." Phastos stated.

"I know you've been flirting since we've first come here and that you are literally married, but I still hate it," Kingo added, agreeing with Phastos. Performing what his wife would do, he used Kingo's comment as a distraction to knock the sword out of his wife's hand, causing the metal to smash onto the ground.

Pointing his sword at his wife jokingly, he said, "Looks like I win."

"Do you?" she disregarded, drawing out a smaller dagger and somehow managing to whack the blade out of her husband's grasp. "I win." Makkari clapped enthusiastically while Thena grinned, thrilled.

"Cheater." Druig muttered as Y/n put the dagger away, smiling.

"Okay, now that Y/n won, can we please get back to how Druig is going to take over the celestial's mind?" Phastos recommended.

"I suppose we can." Y/n sighed, interlacing her hand with Druig's as the Eternals circled around to listen to Phastos' proposal.

Unfortunately, they did not realize that treachery was gradually taking place, specifically from one of their most devoted companions.

[HOPE YOU ENJOYED, DARLING]