⇨︎ cнapтer ғoυrтeen ; vιвranιυм

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE ETERNALS]
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY - CHICAGO

Childishly, four immortal visitors tried to secretly watch Phastos help his son brush his teeth, hoping he would be back at the dinner table to continue discussing the forthcoming world's demise. They already clarified everything that transpired, but they didn't obtain much of a response. Unfortunately, they weren't as sneaky as they thought they were.

When Phastos was returning to them, the Eternals hurried to act like they were doing something else. Sersi had snatched a Star Wars book and began acting like she was evaluating it, but Ikaris put that strategy to an end when he seized it from her, taking his seat. Instead of borrowing the book, she clasped onto a random mug of the table, using it to act normal.

Meanwhile, the married couple tried sitting in the same seat and ended up struggling to shove the other off.

"This is my chair! Get your own!" Y/n whispered to her husband, pushing him with her side.

"I was here first!" Druig argued, pushing her back.

"Yeah, incredibly natural," Phastos commented, and the couple stiffened when they acknowledged they got caught. Using Phastos' sudden appearance as a distraction, she gently shoved her husband off the chair, resulting in him stumbling onto the ground without being hurt. Proud, Y/n reclined in her seat, looking down at Druig as Sersi and Ikaris plopped down the objects they used.

"Traitor," Druig murmured jokingly as he sat on a different chair next to her.

"Shut up, Druig." Y/n smirked.

"You two are still as immature as you were many years ago," Phastos remarked, not meaning it as an insult. "Anyway, after all these years, even Ikaris fell for Ajak's lies? It all makes sense why she wouldn't let us interfere with human conflict. We were just pawns to increase the population, not to create a balanced civilization. We just farmed the humans as food for the celestial, right?"

"I thought you had given up on humans." Ikaris declared.

"I got lucky, okay? Thanks to Y/n, I have a family now. They give me faith again, and I see the good in humanity in them every single day. Look, I cannot help you. I am never leaving, and I'm sorry." Phastos refused. "It was wrong for me to use my powers without thinking about the consequences in the first place, so now I choose to use my hands to fix my child's bike, okay?"

"Do you?" Y/n challenged.

"I don't use my powers anymore," Phastos answered, meddling with the hem of his sleeve.

"Hm, Ikaris, do it." Y/n declared. Influencing Phastos to jerk backward, Ikaris shot lasers out of his eyes, hitting the backyard door. Instead of creating a hole in the wall, there was not even a scrape. Of course, Phastos had reinforced his family home.

"What the hell is wrong with you people?" Phastos scolded. "Jack is right across the hallway."

"That looks like someone has been using his powers," Druig concluded as Y/n snickered, making Phastos sigh.

"I bet he's built the perfect safe house," Ikaris said, pointing to the table. "What is this even made of? Vibranium?" Before Ikaris could be stopped, he clutched his hand into a fist and whacked the piece of furniture, severing it in half and making all the items lounging on it shatter when they touched the ground. Everyone remained motionless, waiting for Phastos' reaction.

Phastos replied, "Fall collection. Ikea, ass." Rejecting the four eternal's ideas, Phastos continued declaring he couldn't abandon his family. Hearing the crash from outside his room, Ben went to investigate it, eavesdropping on portions of the conversation.

"Phastos, go help your friends." Ben interrupted, leaning against the doorway.

"You want me to go?" Phastos questioned, astonished. He stood up, moving toward his husband. "No way, not doing it."

"I'm not happy about it, but if there's a chance for us to watch Jack grow up and live a life of his own, you should take it." Ben let out.

"Fine." Phastos nodded, ultimately seeing reason.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Outside the home, the other Eternals waited for Phastos to say goodbye, and they couldn't imagine what he was feeling. Fortunately, he had a family, a life he wanted to stay for, but without him, there would be none to stay for. When he departed his home, he looked back at it one more time, pondering what would happen if the plan of taking control of the celestial's mind didn't function.

Finding gracious mortals had been an iffy thing for him, and now that he found it, Phastos was going to do everything in his power for them to have the life they were entitled to.

[SORRY FOR ALL ERRORS! POINT OUT ANY MISTAKES SO I CAN EDIT THIS! :)) THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!]