34 | plan of action

–"ACE, COME ON. GET CLEANED UP AND DRESSED."

I jolted awake when I felt Din's gloved hand gently shake my bare shoulder. Forcing my eyes open and squinting up at him, I came face to face with his helmet. I glanced to the left of him to see the Child sitting in his pod, a curious look on his face. Thank the gods that the blanket I had covered my naked body.

"Is everything all right?" I asked as I looked up at him.

He moved the stray strands of hair away from my face as he responded softly.

"I'll explain later. Get ready and meet me outside."

He stood up and walked out of the Crest, me being thankful that he used the side entrance rather than the cargo entrance. Once the door closed, I got up quickly, my legs wobbling and a soreness spreading through them. I held onto the wall as I tiredly stepped into the shower, turning on the hot water and washing myself.

I didn't take too long since Din sounded urgent. I quickly did my hair in my signature bun, dressed myself in a tight black tank top which rose up my neck to cover all of the marks Din left from last night, a belt and black pants that fit a bit looser on my legs but tightened at my ankles, then pulled on my black boots. I clipped on my lightsabers then grabbed my brown vest.

Walking out of the Crest, I noticed the large pine trees around me and the familiar village at the end of the small path that connected to the clearing. I glanced to Din, frowning in confusion.

"Why are we back on Sorgan?"

Din gestured for me to follow him, his pace slow.

"We're here because I received a transmission from Greef saying he wants to team up. The Imps on Nevarro took over and he's not happy about it. We're here to see if our old friend Cara wouldn't mind helping us."

My expression instantly turned into an annoyed one when I realized where this was going.

"Din, you're really considering—"

"He said he could wipe out the kid's chain code and yours as well. The Republic wouldn't know about you anymore and any bounty hunters wouldn't know where to find you."

I glanced to the child as he cooed at the metal ball he played with, his big eyes wide as he gnawed on it. I knew Din was trying to keep us safe and make sure I stayed off of everyone's radar. It was all with good intent, but I didn't trust Greef to keep his word.

"I know you have good intentions, Din, I really do, but can you really trust Greef after everything he did?" I asked him as we walked into the cantina Cara was in.

"That's why we're getting Cara and then we'll see if Kuiil can help us with modifying the child's pod."

I nodded, not liking this plan of action, but as long as the kid is safe and the Imps on Nevarro are taken care of, I was on board with it.

~*~

Acquiring Cara wasn't so hard. Once the word "Imp" left Din's mouth, she was on our way with us to Arvala-7. She and I sat in the cargo hold while Din and the kid were up in the cockpit. The silence between us was a comfortable one, but it was on the verge of being awkward.

"So, how are things with you and Mando? Last I saw you two, you weren't exactly on great terms. You were friendly, but not that friendly." She asked, an eyebrow raised as she looked at me.

I shrugged, keeping a nonchalant expression on my face but internally I was screaming and hoping she wouldn't catch on. It wasn't because I didn't want her to know, it was the relentless teasing that would come with it.

"We've sorted out our difference and put them aside for the sake of the kid."

"Is the face patch new?" Cara asked, referring to the bandage on my face.

"It was from a job Mando and I did. Got shot in the face by a blaster."

She nodded, glancing around the cargo hold and to the small corner containing the blankets and bunched up jackets I used for my bed. I looked with her, finally noticing the two distinct piles of clothes piled on top of the blankets. I noticed Din's clothing was on top of mine and I internally screamed louder.

"You dirty dogs..." Cara grinned and I put my face in my hands.

"Cara..."

"Was he any good?"

I whipped my head up at her question, mouth agape and eyebrows scrunched.

"Cara!"

"It's an honest question!"

"What's an honest question?"

Din came down from the cockpit and glanced between Cara and I, the two of us going silent. When he saw that we wouldn't answer him, he sighed in exasperation and shook his head.

"We're about to arrive." Din announced and went back up into the cockpit.

Cara gave me a smirk before leaning back as the Creat descended into Arvala's atmosphere. I leaned back against the wall and held onto the crate I sat on, the ship rocking back a forth a bit before finally coming to a stop. Cara stood up from her spot and I followed after.

The side hatch door opened and I was met with the deserts of Arvala-7. I walked down the small ramp and noticed we were landed beside Kuiil's farm.

Din and Cara soon joined me and we were on our way find the Ugnaught. I glanced to the Child who cooed and looked up at me, cooing and waving his little metal ball in his hand.

I'll protect you, little one, I spoke to him through the Force. He tilted his head at me before reaching out his small arms. Rolling my eyes playfully, I picked him up and faced him outward so he could see what was going on.

Asa.... the little voice of a child echoed around me, startling me for a moment since it had been a while since I heard it.

I looked down at the child in the my arms, his gaze set on his ball as he babbled. This was the second time he had tried to communicate with me and I wanted to see if he would trust me with whatever he wanted to say.

"Can you tell me your name, young one?" I muttered quietly to him as Cara and Din found Kuiil and began to tell him why we were here.

He cooed to me and reached up to touch my cheek, his small hand caressing my face before he showed me the same memories I had seen weeks before.

"What's your name, young one? Are you related to Master Yoda?" I asked him again, but this time he looked away from me and whimpered. He didn't want to tell me anything just yet.

"It's okay. I understand."

Leaving our conversation at that, I walked into the tent my companions were in, the plan for taking down the Imps in Nevarro and Greef's hunters being made quickly and methodically.

I was ready to fight, and I was more than willing to die for the Child so he didn't have to endure what I did. And I had a feeling Din had the same mindset as me.

~*~

edited: bruh i completely forgot to put an author's note here ....i didn't just unpublish this part just to write this note then publish it again i didn't do that lmao

anyway, i apologize for the wait!!! life has been hectic lol and guess what!!! i got accepted into the college i wanted to go to!!! i start in the fall since i missed the deadline for spring, but it's all good ;)

on another note, i've started doing digital art so i might post some pictures of asa in some parts in the authors notes

i hope you guys enjoyed and i'll see ya in the next chapter ;)