4 | questions

—THIS BOUNTY HUNTER IS GOING TO DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH.

There had been bounty hunters who came here in the past, but those ones never lived to see another day where they would leave with me in their cargo holds. This Mandalorian's helmet will be on a stake soon enough.

While this one made me want to kill him, I sensed something different about him. He wasn't greedy or demeaning toward me. I could feel his fear, his paranoia, and his frustration toward me, but that wasn't what made me curious about him. I could hear his questions in his thoughts; his curiosity of why I am the way I am. I didn't understand why he thought these things, but then again, I'm not a normal bounty.

I was surprised he didn't argue with me when I wanted to go back to my cave to retrieve my belongings. I relished in the fact I made him frustrated and annoyed with me. I felt superior that I made him do what I wanted.

As we entered the area where my cave was, the Mandalorian stopped in his tracks and eyed the many helmets which hung onto the poles. His grip tightened on my arm as anger and hatred radiated off of him like the heat of the sun.

"How many?"

"Thirty-seven." I replied, my voice void of any pity. His grip turned vice when he saw a Mandalorian helmet a few yards to our left.

"Don't worry, bucko. That guy wasn't actually a Mando. He stole the beskar."

"You're a monster." He growled as his helmeted face glared down at me.

"No, I'm not." I replied, my chin high. "I'm an Asa."

We continued to head to my cave, the Mandalorian fuming beside me as we passed more bounty hunter helmets. When we arrived, he begrudgingly let me go and I walked in to grab my satchel. Unfortunately, I'd have to leave R2-Y2 since I couldn't carry him nor power him back up. I did get out his memory bank which held my personal logs and coordinates to places I could escape to. I heard Kashyyyk is nice to hide around in and there weren't many bounty hunters who visited that place.

"Your name is Asa? Why tell me that now?"

"Because you've survived longer than fifteen seconds. Most bounty hunters call me a bitch or whore. I'm ready now." I said as I slung my satchel over my shoulder and started to walk past him. The Mandalorian's gloved fingers wrapped around my arm to stop me.

"Let go of me." I glared daggers at him, but when I felt my lightsaber be removed from my belt, slight panic ran through me.

"I'll hold onto this." He stated and moved to grip my upper arm. Without another word, he forcefully led me to his ship which would then take me to my unavoidable fate.

~*~

—IT HAD BEEN TWO HOURS SINCE WE LEFT DAGOBAH.

I sat in a copilot seat and stared out the window at the thousands of stars dotting the black abyss of space. It was nice to be back among them and flying about in space, but I knew that it wouldn't be long before I was delivered to his client

I glanced to the Mandalorian, his face covered by his silver helmet. He stared straight ahead, flipping switches, pressing buttons, and glancing to his navigations every now and then. I tried to catch a glimpse of his skin underneath his long sleeves or where his gloves ended. Was he human? Reptilian? Dathomirian? Warty?! I swear to god if he's a Gungan...

But as I looked away from his questioning gaze, I began to wonder who put out the bounty for me. As far I know, my chain code was erased from archives.

"Who in the Empire hired you?" I asked, my voice a little hoarse from not using it in a while. Mando sighed a little, ignoring me.

"Was it a Moff?"

No reply.

"A former Sith?"

No response.

"Was it Jar Jar Binx?"

"You smell like a bantha."

His statement caught me off guard but I quickly recovered by scoffing at him. He looked at me again and I gave him a glare. Way to state the obvious, idiot...

"Well, yeah, I haven't properly bathed in five years, asshole. The only water I considered somewhat clean was the lake a couple meters away from my cave. Now, you didn't answer my question--"

"Go down in the hold. Crate 7 has clothes. Next to the privy is a small shower compartment."

I narrowed my eyes at him but then I got an idea. It was a stupid compromise, but I really wanted to know who sent him after me. For all I know, it could be some Imperial rookie or some idiot in the Bounty Hunters Guild.

"If I bathe and come back up here smelling like a honeyflower, will you answer my questions?"

The Mandalorian was silent for a moment as he tapped a few buttons. I silently hoped he would accept my deal.

"I don't have to tell you anything. You're nothing but a bounty and a source of income for me." He answered, his voice cold. I was surprised by his response since my eyes widened slightly and my jaw dropped.

"Wow, I didn't think you could sound any less Imperial! Good job! You sound just like Darth Vader!" I congratulated sarcastically and stood up from the copilot seat. He quickly turned to face me, ready to spring out of his chair.

"What are you doing?"

"Showering, you idiot. Now, be a good bounty hunter and go back to piloting your ship."

~*~

*EDITED AND SLIGHTLY REWRITTEN*
hope you enjoyed!