9 | jawa trouble

—HATE.

Anger.

Regret.

Spite.

Every emotion which led me to the dark side flowed through my very being as I glared daggers at the man in front of me.

All I wanted to do was run. Run until I couldn't breathe. Run until I was finally away from the bounty hunter who failed to see the child as an innocent creature. I felt all of this just because of one, stupid little sentence he said to me!

I fail to see how that's my problem.

I understand how he didn't exactly believe my genuine wanting to keep the Child safe. Yes, I'm a killer and I was indirectly responsible for Alderaan's destruction, but never in my twenty years in the Empire would I kill or even hurt a child.

I've seen what the Empire could do to a child who was powerful in the Force. I know what it's like to be abused emotionally and mentally so I wouldn't step out of line. Imagining what the remnants of the Empire could do to the kid made my skin crawl.

The Mandalorian stopped in his tracks and quickly knelt down, using his pulse rifle to see what was happening at his ship. I squinted to see what was happening, but when he shot at the culprits below, I heard the familiar shouts and high pitched shrieking of Jawas.

He stood up and rushed down the slope to catch up with their Sand Crawler, his beskar armor somewhat slowing him down. I ran past him and jumped up at one of the windows, now fifteen feet off the ground. I ignited one of my lightsabers and plunged it through the metal of the vehicle. The Jawas shrieked in surprise as I climbed up the side, the Mandalorian following closely behind me.

"Get to the top!"

"What do you think I'm doing!" I shouted back to him before dodging an electrified staff shoved through a window.

The Mandalorian climbed past me, only to be electrocuted when he finally got to the top of the Crawler. While I was distracted, an electrified staff was shoved into my stomach and I let go, shouting as I fell and landed flat on my back, my lightsaber clattering against the rocky ground. Immediately, I was choking and gasping for air as I rolled onto my side and held my ribs.

"Ahhh...that hurts..." I groaned as I weakly got on my feet. The child's pod hovered beside Mando who seemed to be knocked out cold. The small creature tilted its head at me, his ears flopping in the wind.

"Hey, kid." I greeted and looked at the unconscious bounty hunter again. "Should I wake him up or let him sleep?"

He squeaked in response.

"I'll take that as a yes."

Kneeling down, I placed my hand on his armored, his beskar warm to the touch. Before I used my force lightning to bring him back to consciousness, I stared at his helmeted face, my reflection looking back at me.

"Rise and shine, Metalhead."

I sent a light shock through his body and he shot up from the dusty ground. He stared at me, his breathing rapid and harsh. I smirked at him as my shoulders shook from laughter.

"What did you do to me?" He snapped as he stood up.

I stood up too, wiping my hands on my pants.

"Just gave you a little shock. It was the kid's idea anyway."

The child whined as if to say it wasn't his idea. His shocked little face made me chuckle slightly.

"Don't do that again."