35 | nevarro

—DIN AND ASA SAT IN SILENCE IN THE COCKPIT, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO SAY.

Their plan was in action now, and once they landed on Nevarro, there was no turning back or changing it. Taking out the Imps and not trusting anything Greef said was all that mattered.

Din could tell Asa was nervous just by her biting her nails down till they bled. She was looking out the window, onyx eyes fixated on the stars and the black abyss around them. Her bangs were pinned back to stay out of her face, but he could see a couple loose strands coming out.

"Hey." He said softly to her to get her attention. She looked at him, an attentive look on her face.

"Hm?"

"The plan will work. I know it will."

"That's not what I'm worried about." Asa said to him and stood up. She walked up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, her fingers tracing the leather straps holding his armor onto his body. She turned his head to look up at her.

"What is it?"

"I can't explain it. I guess I could say I'm worried about you and the kid? I don't want to lose the two people I can call my family."

Din grabbed her hands, his gloved fingers running over them. He noticed two distinct scars on her right hand and traced them slowly and softly. Asa's lips quirked upward into a smile and looked at his helmeted face, her eyes unknowingly finding his.

"You don't have to worry about me or the kid. I'm not going anywhere and neither is he." Din said to her and placed his hands on her hips.

Asa nodded and pulled him close to her, his head resting against her stomach and his arms wrapping around her waist.

"Is it all right if I kiss you?" Din asked, his face burning a bright pink under his helmet as Asa laughed a little.

She gently removed his helmet and placed a soft kiss on his lips. He pulled her close to him and slowly slide his hands under her shirt, Asa stopping him and chuckling.

"After..." She said with a grin and kissed him again. Din nodded in understanding, his face still hot but the want for her was overwhelming. If they didn't have other passengers (who also looked after the child), they would allow themselves to proceed further. He wanted more of her and wanted to explore her body to find every scar and kiss them over and over again.

Asa put his helmet back on and playfully smacked it down on his head, the Mandalorian groaning in annoyance under his breath and swatting her hands hands away.

"Keep your eyes out there, pilot. It's not responsible to be distracted." She joked and walked to the exit.

"You indulged me."

"You instigated it."

~*~

When they landed on Nevarro, the group started to make their way to the meeting spot Greef told them about. Asa and Din rode on their own blurrgs Kuiil had brought with them, the two remaining stoic and on guard.

Greef stood with a couple other bounty hunters ahead of them, a grin on his face as the group stopped their blurrgs and jumped down from their mounts. Asa and Din walked forward, the Child's pod between them and Cara behind them.

"Mando! It's nice to see you again!" Greef greeted with his arms out to his sides.

"I thought you were dead." Asa mused, her eyebrow raised as she rested her hand on one of her sabers.

"Beskar steel works wonders. From the looks of you, you should try it sometime." Greef responded, referring to the visible injuries on her face and arms before looking back to the Mandalorian. Asa silently fumed while giving him a murderous look.

"So, where's the child? I'd like to see it."

"Not a chance." Asa intervened and stepped toward Greef. Din grabbed her arm to keep her from making any rash decisions, electricity sparking on her hands as she glared.

"I promise you I won't do anything. I just want to see it for myself." Greef said to her, his face turning serious as he glared back.

Din pulled her back and pressed a button on his gauntlet, the Child's pod moving forward and opening to reveal him. Greef looked him, the little creature staring up curiously at him. Asa moved forward lightly pushed the pod away from him.

"So, shall we get going?"

~*~

It was nightfall when the bounty hunters and Din's companions decided to stop for the night. Asa refused to eat anything Greef and his bounty hunters offered her and only snacked on the jerky Cara brought from Sorgan. Kuiil tended to the blurrgs, talking to and petting them gently.

Asa sat beside Din and the Child, the two of them giving him pieces of the jerky to eat and Greef throwing his a piece of meat from his meal.

"He's quite the carnivore!" Greef laughed as he threw him another piece.

"Yeah. Be wary of your fingers. He might try to bite them off while you sleep." Asa said with a dark humored smile.

Greef gave her a look, instantly becoming uneasy as the child cooed and accepted another piece of jerky from Din.

Asa looked around them, her body tense and a concerned look on her face. Din took notice of it and nudged her shoulder.

"What is it?"

She looked over at him, her eyes looking over his helmeted face before responding.

"I've had a bad feeling since we got here. It's not nerves, but more like a disturbance in the Force."

"I'm guessing that disturbance could be a threat?" Din asked, confusion lacing his tone.

"I don't know, and I hate not knowing."

Asa stood up, dusting herself off and using the Force to retrieve her lightsabers. All eyes looked to her as she pulled on her cloak.

"I'm going to do another perimeter check. I'll be back." Asa said and ignited one of her lightsabers so she could see in the darkness.

Greef stood up too, dusting himself off and walking after her, Din watching closely as they walked away from the camp. Cara moved from her spot and sat beside him, a grin on her face as she looked at him.

"So, you and Light Stick are together now, huh?"

Din turned to face her, an eyebrow raised under his helmet as he stared at her. She chuckled to herself and leaned back on her hands.

"You two look like you've come a long way." Cara observed. "Last time I saw you two, you guys were stiff and tense."

"After everything we've been through and after having near death experiences, I think we bonded closer."

"Yeah, bet you two are really close."

Din's face burned red under his helmet as he inwardly cursed. Cara grinned widely and nudged him with her shoulder.

"In all seriousness, I'm happy you guys found each other. It's refreshing to see that even the most fucked up people can find happiness."

Din smiled a little and nodded to her.

"So when—"

Cara's sentence was cut off by a loud screech echoing the night. Din stood up, grabbed the child and putting him in his pod. The other bounty hunters stood and Kuiil grabbed his tranquilizer gun to protect the blurrgs. They all drew their weapons and stayed on guard, eyes checking their surrounding to see what made that horrible noise.

It wasn't until they heard Asa's scream and Greef's blaster go off that they knew they were under attack by night creatures of Nevarro.